Hi there,

My htc one m8 was all good since yesterday. It's age is about one year. The problem is when i open any apps or do anything it's just restart automatically and vanish my previous activity. As a example I uninstall an app then it restart and after restarting the is still there. I also try to factory reset the phone but it's done nothing all my apps was there.Can anyone help.
    Thanks in advance.
    11-08-2018 06:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How did you do the factory reset -- from the Settings>Backup & Reset menu? Or from the Recovery Menu?

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10853
    11-09-2018 08:10 PM
    I've tried both from setting menu and also from recovery menu. But nothing happens. All of my apps are still there. And the problem happens also in safe mod. Thanks for your reply.
    Help me pls.
    11-09-2018 11:53 PM
    I've noticed one more thing,when I try to install any apps a pop up notification comes and says home sense stopped and many other pop ups says stopped etc.
    11-10-2018 12:47 AM
    Have you also tried wiping the cache partition in the Recovery Menu?
    11-10-2018 11:22 AM
    Yes i have. No improvement. Should I have to install a new custom rom.
    11-10-2018 10:40 PM
    Had you already installed a custom ROM, are is the phone currently unrooted and running the stock ROM? I'd look into reinstalling the stock ROM, if possible
    11-11-2018 01:59 AM
    I think it's running custom rom. When I tried to update my android os to lollipop I can't ,cause it was saying "modified" something like that. And my phone is unrooted and boot loader is locked.
    11-11-2018 02:25 AM
    I have now tried again in safe mod the problem is not happening. But when I go to normal mod it happens again what to do.
    11-12-2018 06:20 PM
    That usually means that some app you installed is causing the instability. Unfortunately, if you don't already have an idea of which app is the culprit, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    11-12-2018 06:35 PM
    I think it's running custom rom. When I tried to update my android os to lollipop I can't ,cause it was saying "modified" something like that. And my phone is unrooted and boot loader is locked.
    Did you buy this as a truly new phone or was it advertised as used/refurbished? I ask because a new phone shouldn't give that error. Having that makes me think it isn't new. That phone also hasn't been produced in years, so anything on the market a year ago when you bought it wouldn't be from an authorized retailer.

I'd be hesitant to use it just from a security standpoint, especially if it was advertised as a new phone. Given, plus the age of the phone, I'd recommend just looking in to replacing it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-12-2018 06:36 PM
    Did you buy this as a truly new phone or was it advertised as used/refurbished? I ask because a new phone shouldn't give that error. Having that makes me think it isn't new. That phone also hasn't been produced in years, so anything on the market a year ago when you bought it wouldn't be from an authorized retailer.

I'd be hesitant to use it just from a security standpoint, especially if it was advertised as a new phone. Given, plus the age of the phone, I'd recommend just looking in to replacing it.
    No it wasn't a new phone. I bought it from my friend in April this year. Thanks for suggestion
    11-12-2018 06:45 PM
    No it wasn't a new phone. I bought it from my friend in April this year. Thanks for suggestion
    Ok. The way you worded it made it sound like you bought one advertised as new. Since you bought it from a friend, have you asked them if they had installed a custom ROM or anything like that?
    11-12-2018 06:48 PM
    That usually means that some app you installed is causing the instability. Unfortunately, if you don't already have an idea of which app is the culprit, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    I uninstall some apps safe mod. In normal mod the icon isn't there but the app is still there. When I click on it says the app is not installed. And in safe mod I connect my wifi it restart again.
    11-12-2018 06:48 PM
    Ok. The way you worded it made it sound like you bought one advertised as new. Since you bought it from a friend, have you asked them if they had installed a custom ROM or anything like that?
    No I don't. He is in London now and I can't connect with him in this moment.
    11-12-2018 06:50 PM
    Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try un-mounting it and removing the card, then see if you still had the problem.
    11-12-2018 06:54 PM
    Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try un-mounting it and removing the card, then see if you still had the problem.
    Yes the problem still have. This time it says com.android process media stopped etc. None of the changes aren't saving after restarting. Btw I can listen music on my phone this time it's not restarting.Besides this can't change anything.
    11-12-2018 11:34 PM
    In safe mode I uninstall some apps but
    when I try to do something with google connected apps it restarts
    11-13-2018 07:31 PM
    I am not able to change anything to my htc one m8. Every time I try to change something it takes reboots and goes to the same place where the problem starts. I have found others having this issue in this https://androidforums.com/threads/internal-phone-storage-becomes-read-only.347685/. Hepp me pls. I don't understand the instruction there.
    11-15-2018 09:27 PM
    I merged your new thread with this existing one, since you're asking the same question. You can always "bump" this thread to make it more visible in the forums, to see if anyone else can help.
    11-16-2018 02:43 AM
    Here is a solution: Just flash the Stock Rom again. I read a lot of useless replies, so I hope this helps.
    11-16-2018 04:45 PM
    Here is a solution: Just flash the Stock Rom again. I read a lot of useless replies, so I hope this helps.
    Thanks for weighing in. Assuming the OP doesn't have any experience in flashing ROMs on that phone, can you point him to a good tutorial site?
    11-16-2018 05:58 PM
    I appreciate all of you to reply. In the above link the same problem I have. Can list the steps. Actually I can't figure it out.
    Sorry for my English.. If any gramartical mistakes I done forgive me.
    11-16-2018 06:54 PM