One M9 camera compared to iPhone 6

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If it stays like that then there is no way I am buying the M9. The difference to the iPhone 6 is just too big.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for real people to get the M9 before I decide. No question the iCamera is great, but I want to see images from actual owners.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Even if I am an Apple fan, you have to imagine, I have the HTC website loaded on my iMac and am considering all the time if I should pre-order. Here in Germany it costs 749€. I don't think that it will replace my iPhone, but I love HTC's design and want to have the M9 too. I prefer the M8 design (I think), but the gunmetal grey M9 looks good too.
I also appreciate the fact that the new display has cooler color temperature. The M8 was too warm, unnatural, and I hate that. This was the reason I stopped using it!
Anyway, we will see how it goes. I guess people are mostly disappointed by its camera. If HTC doesn't manage to make a good camera phone, then this will affect sales. Many people want to take good pictures with their phone and the HTC M9 should be able to do exactly that.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would do a camera comparison then publish the results when they know that the firmware is not complete. Only reason I can think of is to make the M9 look bad.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
At a Mobile World Conference it's their job to write reviews on the products they are given. They don't go oh, we will wait until you feel your phone is up to par. Customers want initial reviews, especially those who watch YouTube. HTC knew this was coming and they were not prepared at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
At a Mobile World Conference it's their job to write reviews on the products they are given. They don't go oh, we will wait until you feel your phone is up to par. Customers want initial reviews, especially those who watch YouTube. HTC knew this was coming and they were not prepared at all.

That's just bull. I have no problem with a review but not a comparison to a fully functioning phone. Yes maybe HTC should of had the M9 ready to go but that does not excuse these writers in what they are doing.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will wait to see -- Some of those photos are bad..... Like the one of the news stand. It seems like he just snapped real fast and didn't focus it.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I want a camera where I have to do minimal work. Nice to just point and shoot. That's what we expect in a camera from HTC.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I want a camera where I have to do minimal work. Nice to just point and shoot. That's what we expect in a camera from HTC.

I know what you are saying. But before we throw HTC under the bus don't you think we should take a wait and see attitude. Hell samples of the Toshiba sensor only shipped on Aug 27. It takes time to get the firmware correct and I understand why it may have not been ready for MWC. I am sure a lot have testing has to be done in many different environments to get the firmware right. It may not improve or it may be the best but how do we know at this point.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to say that HTC has realized that phone sales are hit or miss. They care more about their other projects. Otherwise, why talk about virtual reality almost more than your new flagship. They count on us being lemmings. I am not jumping off a cliff with everyone else. If a product isn't ready, wait to let everyone see it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So when does this camera firmware update happen? I find it hard to believe the camera wasn't ready for the reveal.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So when does this camera firmware update happen? I find it hard to believe the camera wasn't ready for the reveal.

I have no idea, but I would think before they release it for sale. Both Jason Mackenzie and Jeff Gordon said it was not the final firmware version that was in the M9 at MWC.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
If the camera is important to you don't buy this phone. It's camera is far inferior to iPhone and GS6/N4. And for all of you waiting on "updated firmware" I wouldn't hold your breath. From the picture samples so far it looks like hardware limitations. A software update can only do so much and even the most optimal software improvements wouldn't bring this camera to be on par with other flagships..

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
If the camera is important to you don't buy this phone. It's camera is far inferior to iPhone and GS6/N4. And for all of you waiting on "updated firmware" I wouldn't hold your breath. From the picture samples so far it looks like hardware limitations. A software update can only do so much and even the most optimal software improvements wouldn't bring this camera to be on par with other flagships..

People are going to buy the M9. The camera will suck just like in the early reviews and people will complain on this forum and take their phones back. After taking photos this year and wanting to zoom in I started to notice what everyone was talking about with the M8. I don't usually take a lot of pictures.