Upgrade to the One M8 now or wait for the M9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I knew someone who thinks like me would test the M8/M9 side by side just to see how lazy HTC has become with "we improved our speakers." I called the improvement in the speakers a gimmick. FACEPALM for the people who keep saying the M9 is not the same phone as the M8. My case about the speakers have been proven:

Comparing BoomSound: HTC One M9 vs HTC One M8 speakers side to side

If you read the actual comment section. People are saying the M8 sounds better than the M9. LMAO. As some of us were saying, the camera on the M8 is better than the M9 too...lol HTC is taking punches and uppercuts from every angle. This is going to really hurt them. What was Peter Chou smoking when he approved of this design again? We aren't stupid Peter.

So Habib and Petvas, what do you have to say now about these "Improved Speakers?" LOL Don't be lemmings for these companies is my point. HTC got on stage and lied to customers.

Last edited:

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I knew someone who thinks like me would test the M8/M9 side by side just to see how lazy HTC has become with "we improved our speakers." I called the improvement in the speakers a gimmick. FACEPALM for the people who keep saying the M9 is not the same phone as the M8. My case about the speakers have been proven:

If you read the actual comment section. People are saying the M8 sounds better than the M9. LMAO. As some of us were saying, the camera on the M8 is better than the M9 too...lol HTC is taking punches and uppercuts from every angle. This is going to really hurt them. What was Peter Chou smoking when he approved of this design again? We aren't stupid Peter.

So Habib and Petvas, what do you have to say now about these "Improved Speakers?" LOL Don't be lemmings for these companies is my point. HTC got on stage and lied to customers.

Thanks for the link. HTC said that they put Dolby surround support, so I guess under specific situations and with the right files to play, there will be a difference. For most stuff though both phones will be the same. I personally prefer the M8 design but I do not believe that HTC should change a lot in the M9.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC was supposed to come out with a phone people would NOT want to put a case on. Using a motto of "HTC One M9, Too Beautiful not to go Naked." Its called "branding." Would have done wonders for the company. You guys are so simple minded when it comes to thinking about this stuff. The M9 isn't a beautiful phone. I'm willing to bet it won't win any awards for beauty this year...LOL

Having the M7 made me buy the slimmest case ever for my phone called Itskins. You can still see the beauty of the phone. I also used a clear case as well.

The S6 looks like a nice phone to me. At least Samsung tried. Although people weren't too happy with them in general. People will go back to them if Touchwiz runs smooth and they have a smaller battery that can outlast the M9. I'm willing to bet if the battery can beat the M9, Samsung profits will soar.

I expect HTC to come out with a completely different phone and people who purchase the M9 will regret it. If I hear that the M7, M8, and M9 all look the same from any Joe Smoe, I am going to lose it. You want people to look at your phone and just want it. That's just not the case with the M9.

Man, just wait for the review and then start saying those things. I have an m7 and will get the m9.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you not read the reviews? Why don't you read the vast majority of them. They are predominantly negative...geesh.

Posted via the Android Central App

They aren't full reviews. HTC gave units to the press for a couple of days only. It's off their hands now. You want to base your judgement on that right now, that's not wise. Amongst other things, the battery life has yet to be tested. By then, opinions can change.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you not read the reviews? Why don't you read the vast majority of them. They are predominantly negative...geesh.

They are called previews not reviews. Can you get an accurate accessment of a movie based on a trailer or the actual review of the movie? I hated the trailor for Shawshank Redemption. I would never have watched the movie based on it. Once the actual reviews came out I watched it and it is one of my favorite movies of all time. You need to just dial it back a bit here. Maybe in time you will be proven correct but just talking over everyone who hasn't come to an opinion either way until they have all the information is just making you look like you have a personal agenda.

Last edited:

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
They aren't full reviews. HTC gave units to the press for a couple of days only. It's off their hands now. You want to base your judgement on that right now, that's not wise. Amongst other things, the battery life has yet to be tested. By then, opinions can change.

Full reviews? Are you kidding me? Someone needs to read online articles or watch reviews on YouTube. Certain individuals had the phone for a day if not longer. Get out of here with your obnoxious comments.

You can't be that naive can you? HTC is going to push an update out for the camera. You can't fix a hardware problem with software. No adults I know reads about a product receiving a bad review, then runs out to buy it. Or says we need to wait for a full car, tv, or video game review. Stop being a follower.

Last edited:

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
They are called previews not reviews. Can you get an accurate accessment of a movie based on a trailor or the actual review of the movie? I hated the trailor for Shawshank Redemption. I would never have watched the movie based on it. Once the actual reviews came out I watched it and it is one of my favorite movies of all time. You need to just dial it back a bit here. Maybe in time you will be proven correct but just talking over everyone who hasn't come to an opinion either way until they have all the information is just making you look like you have a personal agenda.

Take one second to do a Google search for M9 or use YouTube. There are tons of REVIEWS posted. Is this forum filled with people who are in grade school? I get that feeling for some odd reason. I'm willing to bet the people who wrote REVIEWS on the M9 actually have a bachelors or maybe a master's degree too and they know the difference between preview and review.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There is no real review out there. Just first impressions. Please show me one full review, with a review score at the end, of the device running the final software.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Take one second to do a Google search for M9 or use YouTube. There are tons of REVIEWS posted. Is this forum filled with people who are in grade school? I get that feeling for some odd reason. I'm willing to bet the people who wrote REVIEWS on the M9 actually have a bachelors or maybe a master's degree too and they know the difference between preview and review.

I am not sure why you are being so stubborn here. Simple question. Battery life on the M9. Point me in the direction of the "Review" that compares it to the M8 please.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC was supposed to come out with a phone people would NOT want to put a case on. Using a motto of "HTC One M9, Too Beautiful not to go Naked." Its called "branding." Would have done wonders for the company.....

The S6 looks like a nice phone to me. At least Samsung tried.

You stated:
Thanks HTC but everyone usually carries their phone around in a case. Why buy jewelry then cover it up? What's the point since that's the look you were going for. "

Why would HTC bother coming up such a marketing strategy in vain? Why would any company focus on looks and aesthetics? You've made it very clear that looks will be concealed and HTC's efforts were for nought. Then, to conjure up a motto that's negated by your revelation is kind of disturbing. Well the agenda is starting to become quite clear nite.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

If you read the actual comment section. People are saying the M8 sounds better than the M9. LMAO.

http://youtu.be/nl6WBU9BAxI

Those improved speakers sound improved. You're welcome.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Full reviews? Are you kidding me? Someone needs to read online articles or watch reviews on YouTube. Certain individuals had the phone for a day if not longer. Get out of here with your obnoxious comments.

You can't be that naive can you? HTC is going to push an update out for the camera. You can't fix a hardware problem with software. No adults I know reads about a product receiving a bad review, then runs out to buy it. Or says we need to wait for a full car, tv, or video game review. Stop being a lemming.

Dude, enough with the personal attacks. We get it...you don't like the M9. And we got it the 2nd time and the 3rd time and on and on. It's fine, that's your opinion. But a mature person can give their opinion without calling others naive and lemmings and simple minded and so forth. Dial it down a bit.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
http://youtu.be/nl6WBU9BAxI

Those improved speakers sound improved. You're welcome.

Just like the improved camera....eyes rolling. Take a tally of the comments at the bottom of the video who think the M8 sounds better, if not the same. I'm sure there is more people who agree with my stance. It's funny, because you are the only person out of the many on this forum who is taking that stance.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

People who bought the iPhone 6 don't care about battery life. I'm sure the M8 and S5, both beat out the iPhone 6 in terms of battery life. Yet, Apple was able to sell even more phones than Samsung/HTC. Scratching my head.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Just like the improved camera....eyes rolling. Take a tally of the comments at the bottom of the video who think the M8 sounds better, if not the same. I'm sure there is more people who agree with my stance. It's funny, because you are the only person out of the many on this forum who is taking that stance.

Your agenda is obvious. Whether my statements are in alignment with a majority, does not reduce their validity. Aspects of the audio quality have been improved or modified. Oddly enough, those who don't agree with your vision are deemed as being a lesser. You've tried to change the topic of your argument 3 times now. I'll end our dialogue here to preserve what's left of this post (which is now a maelstrom of raw sewage) since it's clear you have no intention of having a constructive conversion. Happy Hunting.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Gold/silver is for watches. Not for two tone colored phones.

As a person who has a watch collecting problem, most two toned gold and silver watches are ugly as well. They are often over done and the two tones clash. I've only seen a handful that actually look nice and one is my wife's cheap Michael Kors as the gold tone is subtle and integrated well into the design. Either go all stainless or all gold and let the face provide the color.

As for a phone, two tone will not be in my pocket. Looks like gunmetal for me.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I love watches too. I don't care too much for them in two toned colors either. Glad Motorola didn't try it with the Moto 360...Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.