Sprint M9?

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Should I be worried that this phone only has the 3G band (1) Sprint and the Sprint Spark band (41) but not the primary 1900 Mhz (25) or secondary 800 Mhz (26) band LTE bands? Is that a bad sign for someone like me on Sprint who may want this phone or am I freaking out for no reason. :eek:

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Should I be worried that this phone only has the 3G band (1) Sprint and the Sprint Spark band (41) but not the primary 1900 Mhz (25) or secondary 800 Mhz (26) band LTE bands? Is that a bad sign for someone like me on Sprint who may want this phone or am I freaking out for no reason. :eek:

Your fine check out this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=499298

Posted via the Android Central App

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I really want the m9, however I don't want to be locked to one provider. I read somewhere, maybe gsmarena or something like that, that if I were to buy a sprint version, it would be better prepared to be used on T-Mobile but not the other way around. I admit I'm new to all of the bands and radio stuff etc.. I've been on sprint for 14 years, and while they are ok, I'd like to see real speeds. At one point, I was getting high speeds, but most days I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 megs down, or lte period.

When I buy the m9, it's going to be outright, and not in contract but I really wish htc would have built one model and not 4 versions. So much for that domestic unlock thing going around.

Posted via Android Central App

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I really want the m9, however I don't want to be locked to one provider. I read somewhere, maybe gsmarena or something like that, that if I were to buy a sprint version, it would be better prepared to be used on T-Mobile but not the other way around. I admit I'm new to all of the bands and radio stuff etc.. I've been on sprint for 14 years, and while they are ok, I'd like to see real speeds. At one point, I was getting high speeds, but most days I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 megs down, or lte period.

When I buy the m9, it's going to be outright, and not in contract but I really wish htc would have built one model and not 4 versions. So much for that domestic unlock thing going around.

Truth of the matter is your on Sprint. Sprint and Verizon are the only two cell phone carriers that utilize CDMA technology. CDMA gives you the best call quality and the technology is newer. That's all it has over GSM technology which is what the other carriers use. Internationally, only place I can think of that employs CDMA widely is Korea and Japan. The technology isn't cheap. That's why countries employ GSM, especially the poorer countries.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
While that is true about Sprint, Verizon and CDMA, most new CDMA phones today have GSM radios in them too. Here is the information for the M9 as reported by GSMArena.

NETWORK
Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE

2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G bands: LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 TD-LTE 2300 / 2500 / 2600 (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41)

Speed: HSPA 42.2/21.1 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps

GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
While that is true about Sprint, Verizon and CDMA, most new CDMA phones today have GSM radios in them too. Here is the information for the M9 as reported by GSMArena.

NETWORK
Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE

2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G bands: LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 TD-LTE 2300 / 2500 / 2600 (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41)

Speed: HSPA 42.2/21.1 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps

GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes

Yeah, those radios are for traveling abroad so those companies can gouge you even more. You can't take your phone over to a different carrier here in the US though.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're phone is unlocked you can move it assuming it has the right bands. And you don't have to pay ridiculous roaming fees overseas either if it is unlocked. Just put in a different sim.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, those radios are for traveling abroad so those companies can gouge you even more. You can't take your phone over to a different carrier here in the US though.

Exactly. this is right on the button.

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about the bands that will be available on the unlocked device purchased directly from HTC. Would this device include all bands so it has the full range both domestic and foreign?

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Your right about me being on sprint and CDMA, but I'm willing to change providers, GSM included. I just don't want to throw money out the wall on one phone find out that I don't want to stick with sprint and want to switch 3 months later having to buy yet another phone because the one I got didn't have the right radios.

That what I was trying to get at. I was hoping now that specs were released I'd be able to get advice buy this model, and you'd have option x and y as providers.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Took my M8 overseas and used wifi calling for free. M9 should have that, too. Any wifi call to the USA, Puerto Rico or USVI is free. Free. As long as you have wifi, you have data and calling when out of the country.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering about the bands that will be available on the unlocked device purchased directly from HTC. Would this device include all bands so it has the full range both domestic and foreign?

No.

The unlocked model of the m9 is basically just a European model that also works perfectly with AT&T... And for the most part T-Mobile.

there is no magic phone that works fully on all networks in the US. The greedy networks designed it this way.

If I'm not mistaken, Verizon phones have all the bands. But once you slip a new sim card in you might not get everything to work like texts (others please correct me if I'm wrong).
You also won't be able to update your phone as it won't be on the network it was sold from... While the unlocked m9 gets its update from HTC.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Andrew Tong

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So lets say if I were able to unlock the sprint version of this phone, would i be able to use it with canadian carriers?

If canadian carriers were to work for phone calls, how about data?