Upgrade to M9

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I've been an HTC One M7 user since launch. Overall I've been very happy with my phone. Now that the M9 is right around the corner I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. Are any of you other M7 users planning on upgrading to the M9 or are you thinking of going in a different direction with your next phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a M8 user that will probably wait for the M10 or whatever the next-gen device is called. I've been very happy with my M8 and I know the M7 and M9 are both good devices as well, which gives me confidence that the next one will be another quality device that's functional.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another M7 user hoping to move up to the 9. I want to test out the camera, though. Also curious as to whether the E9 might be a possibility.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5
Yes, I downgraded. :-D

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Going to wait on the M10. I have a feeling that it will be the home-run we were waiting for. Duo camera with the ability to shoot photos in any light. No more huge speaker grills and the black bar will be gone. I have a feeling that HTC heard us pretty loud and clear this year about repeating the same design for the past 3 years. Just call it a hunch.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I"m not sure anymore what i'm going to get. I had bad experiences with Samsung phones. iOS is too limited in features so i'm not sure if i want a iPhone 6 Plus. I see the comparison video and the M9 had fluctuating exposure issues on video recordings. I don't want another phone like the Razr HD with fluctuating with extreme exposure changes during video recordings. plus i record train videos since i like trains and most phones can't handle the loud locomotives. that and concerts. the HTC One M7 is perfect in that respect. From what i gather LG phones don't handle loud sounds and the sound quality is bad and so was my experience with the GS3.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
M7 user from day one on Sprint. I am definitely going on to the M9. Better battery life, camera and Sprint Spark are the reasons.

Posted via Android Central App

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
M7 user from day one on Sprint. I am definitely going on to the M9. Better battery life, camera and Sprint Spark are the reasons.

Ummm, hold your horses there. First off, Sprint isn't deploying Sprint Spark as wide as they initially touted because it costs too much. Go figure with Sprint. Unless you live in an area already with Sprint Spark, then you should be good to go. Secondly, I would wait until the reviews are out about the M9's camera. The camera and video recordings aren't that great right now. Yes, the M9's battery should be better than the M7. But it's on par with the M8, so HTC hasn't made any leaps or bounds with battery life.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I"m not sure anymore what i'm going to get. I had bad experiences with Samsung phones. iOS is too limited in features so i'm not sure if i want a iPhone 6 Plus. I see the comparison video and the M9 had fluctuating exposure issues on video recordings. I don't want another phone like the Razr HD with fluctuating with extreme exposure changes during video recordings. plus i record train videos since i like trains and most phones can't handle the loud locomotives. that and concerts. the HTC One M7 is perfect in that respect. From what i gather LG phones don't handle loud sounds and the sound quality is bad and so was my experience with the GS3.

Have you ever tried the Sony Z series?

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Ive jumped from the M7 (Silver) to the M8 (Gunmetal) and today Pre-Ordered the M9 (Silver/Gold). I've been really lucky getting great deals so im happy to upgrade every year - Adam

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
No I don't think Verizon even carries Sony phones. I'm on the Edge Plan with Verizon btw. last i knew the screens on the sony phones looked washed out at an angle like my old HTC Mytouch 4G.

Sounds like you are going to have to make compromises then. I'm kind of in the same boat. I am going to wait for reviews though. Hopefully we will get some in the next week or so.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you are going to have to make compromises then. I'm kind of in the same boat. I am going to wait for reviews though. Hopefully we will get some in the next week or so.

I know. I can't wait for some thorough reviews and updates on the camera situation. I'm impatient and obsessed with checking the web for updates at the moment.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, hold your horses there. First off, Sprint isn't deploying Sprint Spark as wide as they initially touted because it costs too much. Go figure with Sprint. Unless you live in an area already with Sprint Spark, then you should be good to go. Secondly, I would wait until the reviews are out about the M9's camera. The camera and video recordings aren't that great right now. Yes, the M9's battery should be better than the M7. But it's on par with the M8, so HTC hasn't made any leaps or bounds with battery life.

Enter zip code 13021 in Sprint's coverage map. I'm good to go. Just waiting for the pre order to start.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm either checking out phones (M9/S6) online or receiving updates about the roster changes with my Chicago Bears...LOL

Don't know if I can jump to Samsung though.

I hear ya on Samsung. i hate Samsung with constant freezes with the Galaxy S 4G and GPS issues and with the GS3 i had problems with the white balance not working in sync with the flash and the pics with the flash was blue most the time. then the replacement model made the dead spots even larger with the reception on Verizon. instead of a 1/4 mile of dead spot on one section of highway it became a 1/2 mile to a mile with the replacement. with the Motorola Razr HD and my HTC One M7 i can have service and data all the way in the same stretch of highway. data might be slow but usable. so i'm not impressed with samsung or they're quality control.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My M7 works great (rooted) after almost 2 years, and the only real reason to upgrade for me is to have a better working camera. My M7 has the dreaded purple haze so my pics are almost always blurry. It would be nice to have Lollipop and a slightly larger screen too. So, I'm still on the fence on upgrading to an M9 but I'll probably pull the trigger with AT&T after it is released.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My M7 works great (rooted) after almost 2 years, and the only real reason to upgrade for me is to have a better working camera. My M7 has the dreaded purple haze so my pics are almost always blurry. It would be nice to have Lollipop and a slightly larger screen too. So, I'm still on the fence on upgrading to an M9 but I'll probably pull the trigger with AT&T after it is released.
I'm one click away from getting an iphone upgrade on Verizon. not sure wether to click the red button labeled checkout. i love android but getting frustrated with android hardware not being perfect with each brand. I want the camera and camcorder to work well. plus everything else. all these new models every year and the manufacturers still can't get it all right.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm one click away from getting an iphone upgrade on Verizon. not sure wether to click the red button labeled checkout. i love android but getting frustrated with android hardware not being perfect with each brand. I want the camera and camcorder to work well. plus everything else. all these new models every year and the manufacturers still can't get it all right.

Maybe the LG G series would be worth a look?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think those of us looking for perfection are falling into that same boat. It's almost like these companies do it on purpose. As preposterous as this sounds, why would people otherwise buy a new phone every two years? If they had the perfect phone they would never replace it almost like a car.
it all comes down to like what i seen a documentary on youtube that dates back to light bulbs. the original light bulbs lasted a hundred years but they changed the design when they realized they would sell less of them once everyone got them. the engineer that created indestructible panty hose strong enough to pull a car was told to make them weaker so they could sell more and the list goes on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfbbF3oxf-E

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie