04-03-2015 12:55 PM
55 123
tools
    Hello. I've been an HTC One M7 user since launch. Overall I've been very happy with my phone. Now that the M9 is right around the corner I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. Are any of you other M7 users planning on upgrading to the M9 or are you thinking of going in a different direction with your next phone?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2015 01:11 PM
    Same situation and going m9. The m7 was the only device that "just works" for the whole time.
    03-11-2015 01:40 PM
    I'm a M8 user that will probably wait for the M10 or whatever the next-gen device is called. I've been very happy with my M8 and I know the M7 and M9 are both good devices as well, which gives me confidence that the next one will be another quality device that's functional.
    03-11-2015 01:59 PM
    Another M7 user hoping to move up to the 9. I want to test out the camera, though. Also curious as to whether the E9 might be a possibility.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5
    Yes, I downgraded. :-D
    03-11-2015 09:25 PM
    Going to wait on the M10. I have a feeling that it will be the home-run we were waiting for. Duo camera with the ability to shoot photos in any light. No more huge speaker grills and the black bar will be gone. I have a feeling that HTC heard us pretty loud and clear this year about repeating the same design for the past 3 years. Just call it a hunch.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-11-2015 09:31 PM
    Another M7 user hoping to move up to the 9. I want to test out the camera, though. Also curious as to whether the E9 might be a possibility.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5
    Yes, I downgraded. :-D
    E9 will only be sold in China. They will buy anything there.
    03-11-2015 09:32 PM
    I"m not sure anymore what i'm going to get. I had bad experiences with Samsung phones. iOS is too limited in features so i'm not sure if i want a iPhone 6 Plus. I see the comparison video and the M9 had fluctuating exposure issues on video recordings. I don't want another phone like the Razr HD with fluctuating with extreme exposure changes during video recordings. plus i record train videos since i like trains and most phones can't handle the loud locomotives. that and concerts. the HTC One M7 is perfect in that respect. From what i gather LG phones don't handle loud sounds and the sound quality is bad and so was my experience with the GS3.
    03-11-2015 09:43 PM
    M7 user from day one on Sprint. I am definitely going on to the M9. Better battery life, camera and Sprint Spark are the reasons.

Posted via Android Central App
    James E1 likes this.
    03-11-2015 11:43 PM
    M7 user from day one on Sprint. I am definitely going on to the M9. Better battery life, camera and Sprint Spark are the reasons.

Ummm, hold your horses there. First off, Sprint isn't deploying Sprint Spark as wide as they initially touted because it costs too much. Go figure with Sprint. Unless you live in an area already with Sprint Spark, then you should be good to go. Secondly, I would wait until the reviews are out about the M9's camera. The camera and video recordings aren't that great right now. Yes, the M9's battery should be better than the M7. But it's on par with the M8, so HTC hasn't made any leaps or bounds with battery life.
    03-12-2015 02:35 AM
    I"m not sure anymore what i'm going to get. I had bad experiences with Samsung phones. iOS is too limited in features so i'm not sure if i want a iPhone 6 Plus. I see the comparison video and the M9 had fluctuating exposure issues on video recordings. I don't want another phone like the Razr HD with fluctuating with extreme exposure changes during video recordings. plus i record train videos since i like trains and most phones can't handle the loud locomotives. that and concerts. the HTC One M7 is perfect in that respect. From what i gather LG phones don't handle loud sounds and the sound quality is bad and so was my experience with the GS3.
    Have you ever tried the Sony Z series?
    03-12-2015 05:13 AM
    Ive jumped from the M7 (Silver) to the M8 (Gunmetal) and today Pre-Ordered the M9 (Silver/Gold). I've been really lucky getting great deals so im happy to upgrade every year - Adam
    James E1 likes this.
    03-12-2015 01:05 PM
    Have you ever tried the Sony Z series?
    No I don't think Verizon even carries Sony phones. I'm on the Edge Plan with Verizon btw. last i knew the screens on the sony phones looked washed out at an angle like my old HTC Mytouch 4G.
    03-12-2015 04:53 PM
    No I don't think Verizon even carries Sony phones. I'm on the Edge Plan with Verizon btw. last i knew the screens on the sony phones looked washed out at an angle like my old HTC Mytouch 4G.
    Sounds like you are going to have to make compromises then. I'm kind of in the same boat. I am going to wait for reviews though. Hopefully we will get some in the next week or so.

03-12-2015 05:11 PM
    Sounds like you are going to have to make compromises then. I'm kind of in the same boat. I am going to wait for reviews though. Hopefully we will get some in the next week or so.

I know. I can't wait for some thorough reviews and updates on the camera situation. I'm impatient and obsessed with checking the web for updates at the moment.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-12-2015 06:35 PM
    Ummm, hold your horses there. First off, Sprint isn't deploying Sprint Spark as wide as they initially touted because it costs too much. Go figure with Sprint. Unless you live in an area already with Sprint Spark, then you should be good to go. Secondly, I would wait until the reviews are out about the M9's camera. The camera and video recordings aren't that great right now. Yes, the M9's battery should be better than the M7. But it's on par with the M8, so HTC hasn't made any leaps or bounds with battery life.
    Enter zip code 13021 in Sprint's coverage map. I'm good to go. Just waiting for the pre order to start.

03-12-2015 11:23 PM
    I'm either checking out phones (M9/S6) online or receiving updates about the roster changes with my Chicago Bears...LOL

Don't know if I can jump to Samsung though.

I hear ya on Samsung. i hate Samsung with constant freezes with the Galaxy S 4G and GPS issues and with the GS3 i had problems with the white balance not working in sync with the flash and the pics with the flash was blue most the time. then the replacement model made the dead spots even larger with the reception on Verizon. instead of a 1/4 mile of dead spot on one section of highway it became a 1/2 mile to a mile with the replacement. with the Motorola Razr HD and my HTC One M7 i can have service and data all the way in the same stretch of highway. data might be slow but usable. so i'm not impressed with samsung or they're quality control.
    03-12-2015 11:55 PM
    My M7 works great (rooted) after almost 2 years, and the only real reason to upgrade for me is to have a better working camera. My M7 has the dreaded purple haze so my pics are almost always blurry. It would be nice to have Lollipop and a slightly larger screen too. So, I'm still on the fence on upgrading to an M9 but I'll probably pull the trigger with AT&T after it is released.
    03-15-2015 12:32 PM
    My M7 works great (rooted) after almost 2 years, and the only real reason to upgrade for me is to have a better working camera. My M7 has the dreaded purple haze so my pics are almost always blurry. It would be nice to have Lollipop and a slightly larger screen too. So, I'm still on the fence on upgrading to an M9 but I'll probably pull the trigger with AT&T after it is released.
    I'm one click away from getting an iphone upgrade on Verizon. not sure wether to click the red button labeled checkout. i love android but getting frustrated with android hardware not being perfect with each brand. I want the camera and camcorder to work well. plus everything else. all these new models every year and the manufacturers still can't get it all right.
    03-15-2015 09:18 PM
    I'm one click away from getting an iphone upgrade on Verizon. not sure wether to click the red button labeled checkout. i love android but getting frustrated with android hardware not being perfect with each brand. I want the camera and camcorder to work well. plus everything else. all these new models every year and the manufacturers still can't get it all right.
    Maybe the LG G series would be worth a look?

03-15-2015 10:10 PM
    I think those of us looking for perfection are falling into that same boat. It's almost like these companies do it on purpose. As preposterous as this sounds, why would people otherwise buy a new phone every two years? If they had the perfect phone they would never replace it almost like a car.
    it all comes down to like what i seen a documentary on youtube that dates back to light bulbs. the original light bulbs lasted a hundred years but they changed the design when they realized they would sell less of them once everyone got them. the engineer that created indestructible panty hose strong enough to pull a car was told to make them weaker so they could sell more and the list goes on.
    03-16-2015 12:08 AM
    Hi guys, im really torn. Ive been an m7 user and absolutely love, aside from the purple camera issue (which htc fixed under warranty). I have absolutely no comolaints, htc are great phones, i cant wait to ypgrade to the m9, the gold version looks amazing, so im happy to go with it. It seems that people are far too willing to criticise htc for not going overboard with the changes, but i personally cant blame them. If it was your business, would you risk making massive changes only for people to complain (and lets face it, you will always get the moaners!) Or would you stick with something that you know is great, and make improvements on the things that have niggles? I say quit yer moaning and get the phone which you all know is great! End of.

HTC M7. Posted via the Android Central App
    wildclip likes this.
    03-16-2015 05:30 AM
    I wish it was so simple for me.

I'm an iPhone user looking for my first Android since the HTC G1

But I need to weigh up the pros and cons of each phone.

(just thinking outloud)
    The pros of the M9:
    Boomsound speakers are awesome, and I use speakerphone a lot
    I like HTC sense, I think it's the best software on android
    I prefer metal phones
    I like the dot view case
    The battery life seems to be awesome, which is important to me

Cons:
    Although not a frequent camera user, those initial M9 images looked appalling.
    I don't like the look of the front of the M9, it looks to me like a 1990s tube TV turned on it's side

Samsung S6 edge:
    Pros:
    It looks soooo cool
    It has a fingerprint scanner
    Samsung pay
    Better screen
    Wireless charging

Cons:
    Small battery
    I don't like all glass phones so much
    It is apparently more difficult to hold

If the HTC has reportedly got a reasonable camera and good battery life I will go for the M9

If the Samsung has the better battery life and comes in at a reasonable price I will go for that
    03-16-2015 06:15 AM
    I wish it was so simple for me.

I'm an iPhone user looking for my first Android since the HTC G1

But I need to weigh up the pros and cons of each phone.

(just thinking outloud)
    The pros of the M9:
    Boomsound speakers are awesome, and I use speakerphone a lot
    I like HTC sense, I think it's the best software on android
    I prefer metal phones
    I like the dot view case
    The battery life seems to be awesome, which is important to me

Cons:
    Although not a frequent camera user, those initial M9 images looked appalling.
    I don't like the look of the front of the M9, it looks to me like a 1990s tube TV turned on it's side

Samsung S6 edge:
    Pros:
    It looks soooo cool
    It has a fingerprint scanner
    Samsung pay
    Better screen
    Wireless charging

Cons:
    Small battery
    I don't like all glass phones so much
    It is apparently more difficult to hold

If the HTC has reportedly got a reasonable camera and good battery life I will go for the M9

If the Samsung has the better battery life and comes in at a reasonable price I will go for that
    I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between the M9 and the S6 Edge. Some days I lean towards S6, other days M9. Bottom line is I don't know if I could actually pull the trigger on a Samsung phone. So far I've only had HTC and Moto. Seen many bad things about Touchwiz and inferior Samsung radios and I never like the plasticy feel of the Samsungs, they just always felt like toys. But the S6 Edge has me taking a serious look. Just such a beautiful looking phone. To me the M9 looks old and dated in comparison. But I know the M9 will be a solid, well built, well performing phone. I will wait a couple weeks after both phones are released and see what the initial reviews look like.
    03-16-2015 12:41 PM
    Someone has just posted a new review in another thread. The battery life looks terrible grrrrr
    03-16-2015 12:50 PM
    I tried reading the review that is written in Dutch through a translator. I'll wait for something in English.

03-16-2015 01:04 PM
55 123