Is the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering the HTC M9, and as mentioned in my previous posts it's all coming down to the battery life in comparison to the GS6.

I use my phone a lot in calls on speakerphone, I was just wondering if the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?

Or is the speakerphone call quality not much improvement from other phones?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Brief question for HTC users

I'm considering the HTC M9, and as mentioned in my previous posts it's all coming down to the battery life in comparison to the GS6.

I use my phone a lot in calls on speakerphone, I was just wondering if the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?

As far as the battery we won't know until the phones are out. Now for the speakers, yes the quality for me is way better than other phones I have used in the past for both music and speaker phone. I use the M7 all the time when playing cards with friends for music. I tried the S5, iPhone 6, G3 and moto x this past year and took them all back to at&t and went back to the M7 and the speakers were one of the reasons for doing so. Tried the M8 in the store and it was better than the M7 in sound quality.

Posted via Android Central App

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

My m7 using the speaker for calls is pretty good. I don't know if it's better than others though. As for battery life, the m8 lasts a day easily while still having about 30-40% left( my Dad has an m8). My m7 gets me through the day if I don't play games.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Damn, I'd like to keep this thread based on the speakerphone quality.. However if people are getting good battery from the M8 I may just buy an M8

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Damn, I'd like to keep this thread based on the speakerphone quality.. However if people are getting good battery from the M8 I may just buy an M8

Android Central in an article last year compared the M8 to the S5 and said the M8 gave them better battery performance over the S5. Can't find it know but it was one of the first comparison articles they had.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't advise on that. Cause the camera on the m7 and m8 weren't good for me. Yeah it can take overall good pics, but the moment you want to zoom in one, it won't help. I can't tell you how many times I got irritated from lack of mp. As a college student, I couldn't take pictures of the board because the camera just wouldn't let me zoom enough to see the details. or if I wanted to see an old picture I took, and wanted to check something I couldn't just zoom. Like seeing peoples faces in detail from a group shot.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I've also just looked at the prices and I can get an M9 cheaper than an M8 due to pre-order deals

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

In my experience, the speakerphone audio quality with the BoomSound speakers are a cut above what I've had with past HTC devices. Although I'm mostly listening to the caller's voice I appreciate that I could conduct the call at full volume without experiencing any distortion or crackling. This becomes readily apparent if there's a lot of background noise on the caller's end.

From a functional standpoint you still gain the advantage of having the sound directed towards you, allowing you to maintain proper orientation of the phone while using it. That aspect really shines during video calls/chats/etc. where you can view the screen head on and not have to worry about degradation of the audio quality due to the sound not being directly projected towards you. That's been my experience at least.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

You mind letting us know where your getting such a good price.

Yeah sure, it's Carphone Warehouse, they are by far the cheapest for an iPhone 6 too.

M9 upgrade option:
df0dbbac70065919b4639d9223fb1263.png

M8 upgrade:
addca9dd5e88f3040e7ce2fbda5d4620.png

M9 Non-upgrade:
63e4021f4f1eab6095400ad7ad542e8d.png

M8 Non-upgrade:
62638a40d181cb001bc1380578cc1a62.png

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I have another question,

With no fingerprint scanner and the swipe to unlock being a big feature on the HTC. What do you guys do for security, do you have a passcode?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I have another question,

With no fingerprint scanner and the swipe to unlock being a big feature on the HTC. What do you guys do for security, do you have a passcode?

I use a PIN along with the swipe up gesture. never really touch the power button anymore because I have a greenify widget that turns my screen off and puts my apps into hibernation.

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I use tap to wake up the phone. I also use an app called "screen off and lock" to swipe up from home key to turn off and lock the phone.

Never deal with the power button.

I only use a pin code when traveling.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I use the swipe to unlock or tap to wake to unlock my phone. To lock it, I htc gesture listener: three fingers on the screen and you're locked. I rarely touch the power button.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I use the swipe to unlock or tap to wake to unlock my phone. To lock it, I htc gesture listener: three fingers on the screen and you're locked. I rarely touch the power button.

Wow. HTC gesture listener is an app or in the system? Which phone do you use? I have the m7 on lollipop.

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Gesture Listener is a free application for HTC phones only. Do a search it'll come right up. Used for about six months.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Gesture Listener is a free application for HTC phones only. Do a search it'll come right up. Used for about six months.
Who is the developer for that app? I searched Play, but that app didn't come up. I am suspecting that because I am not running Sense is why I don't see it.

From an AOSP M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2