03-25-2015 11:13 AM
31 12
tools
    I'm considering the HTC M9, and as mentioned in my previous posts it's all coming down to the battery life in comparison to the GS6.

I use my phone a lot in calls on speakerphone, I was just wondering if the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?

Or is the speakerphone call quality not much improvement from other phones?
    03-13-2015 10:49 AM
    I'm considering the HTC M9, and as mentioned in my previous posts it's all coming down to the battery life in comparison to the GS6.

I use my phone a lot in calls on speakerphone, I was just wondering if the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?

As far as the battery we won't know until the phones are out. Now for the speakers, yes the quality for me is way better than other phones I have used in the past for both music and speaker phone. I use the M7 all the time when playing cards with friends for music. I tried the S5, iPhone 6, G3 and moto x this past year and took them all back to at&t and went back to the M7 and the speakers were one of the reasons for doing so. Tried the M8 in the store and it was better than the M7 in sound quality.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-13-2015 11:06 AM
    My m7 using the speaker for calls is pretty good. I don't know if it's better than others though. As for battery life, the m8 lasts a day easily while still having about 30-40% left( my Dad has an m8). My m7 gets me through the day if I don't play games.
    03-13-2015 11:06 AM
    Damn, I'd like to keep this thread based on the speakerphone quality.. However if people are getting good battery from the M8 I may just buy an M8
    03-13-2015 11:22 AM
    Damn, I'd like to keep this thread based on the speakerphone quality.. However if people are getting good battery from the M8 I may just buy an M8
    Android Central in an article last year compared the M8 to the S5 and said the M8 gave them better battery performance over the S5. Can't find it know but it was one of the first comparison articles they had.

Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:49 AM
    I don't advise on that. Cause the camera on the m7 and m8 weren't good for me. Yeah it can take overall good pics, but the moment you want to zoom in one, it won't help. I can't tell you how many times I got irritated from lack of mp. As a college student, I couldn't take pictures of the board because the camera just wouldn't let me zoom enough to see the details. or if I wanted to see an old picture I took, and wanted to check something I couldn't just zoom. Like seeing peoples faces in detail from a group shot.
    ram1220 likes this.
    03-13-2015 12:01 PM
    I've also just looked at the prices and I can get an M9 cheaper than an M8 due to pre-order deals
    03-13-2015 12:10 PM

In my experience, the speakerphone audio quality with the BoomSound speakers are a cut above what I've had with past HTC devices. Although I'm mostly listening to the caller's voice I appreciate that I could conduct the call at full volume without experiencing any distortion or crackling. This becomes readily apparent if there's a lot of background noise on the caller's end.

From a functional standpoint you still gain the advantage of having the sound directed towards you, allowing you to maintain proper orientation of the phone while using it. That aspect really shines during video calls/chats/etc. where you can view the screen head on and not have to worry about degradation of the audio quality due to the sound not being directly projected towards you. That's been my experience at least.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-13-2015 12:11 PM
    I've also just looked at the prices and I can get an M9 cheaper than an M8 due to pre-order deals
    You mind letting us know where your getting such a good price.

03-13-2015 12:24 PM
    Then it's a no brainer.
    03-13-2015 12:28 PM
    You mind letting us know where your getting such a good price.

Yeah sure, it's Carphone Warehouse, they are by far the cheapest for an iPhone 6 too.

M9 upgrade option:
    Is the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?-df0dbbac70065919b4639d9223fb1263.png

M8 upgrade:
    Is the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?-addca9dd5e88f3040e7ce2fbda5d4620.png

M9 Non-upgrade:
    Is the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?-63e4021f4f1eab6095400ad7ad542e8d.png

M8 Non-upgrade:
    Is the speakerphone is as exceptional quality as playing music or videos from the HTC Boomsound?-62638a40d181cb001bc1380578cc1a62.png
    03-13-2015 12:41 PM
    I have another question,

With no fingerprint scanner and the swipe to unlock being a big feature on the HTC. What do you guys do for security, do you have a passcode?
    03-14-2015 07:08 AM
    I have another question,

With no fingerprint scanner and the swipe to unlock being a big feature on the HTC. What do you guys do for security, do you have a passcode?
    I use a PIN along with the swipe up gesture. never really touch the power button anymore because I have a greenify widget that turns my screen off and puts my apps into hibernation.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-14-2015 08:38 AM
    I use tap to wake up the phone. I also use an app called "screen off and lock" to swipe up from home key to turn off and lock the phone.

Never deal with the power button.

I only use a pin code when traveling.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    03-14-2015 09:36 AM
    I use the swipe to unlock or tap to wake to unlock my phone. To lock it, I htc gesture listener: three fingers on the screen and you're locked. I rarely touch the power button.
    03-14-2015 11:26 AM
    What about people picking up your phone and anyone can access it?
    03-14-2015 11:54 AM
    I use the swipe to unlock or tap to wake to unlock my phone. To lock it, I htc gesture listener: three fingers on the screen and you're locked. I rarely touch the power button.
    Wow. HTC gesture listener is an app or in the system? Which phone do you use? I have the m7 on lollipop.
    03-14-2015 11:54 AM
    Gesture Listener is a free application for HTC phones only. Do a search it'll come right up. Used for about six months.
    03-14-2015 06:40 PM
    Gesture Listener is a free application for HTC phones only. Do a search it'll come right up. Used for about six months.
    Who is the developer for that app? I searched Play, but that app didn't come up. I am suspecting that because I am not running Sense is why I don't see it.

From an AOSP M8
    03-14-2015 07:27 PM
    So do none of you have any form of passcode on your phone?
    03-14-2015 07:54 PM
    I have a pattern lock on my M8. I just connect the dots in a pattern and it unlocks, but I could do a pin code if I wanted to. I doubt the M9 would be any different; pretty much all Android phones have a patter lock or pin code lock option. I can double tap to wake or swipe up or whatever but it still prompts me to enter in the pattern I have set.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-14-2015 08:16 PM
    How to Lock the Screen Using a Three-Finger Tap on Your HTC One M8 « HTC One

It's not in the play store, I apologize for any confusion. Please find the information above. You'll have to side load it.
    zizu101 likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:12 PM
    What about people picking up your phone and anyone can access it?
    Who leaves their phone unattended? Do you leave your wallet unattended? Does your wallet have a lock on it? How about your keys?

I'm in no way saying that you should always leave your phone unlocked. But let's not get crazy about locking a device that you should never just leave it unattended.

03-14-2015 11:29 PM
    How to Lock the Screen Using a Three-Finger Tap on Your HTC One M8 « HTC One

It's not in the play store, I apologize for any confusion. Please find the information above. You'll have to side load it.
    Used it just now. Thanks man!
    Charles Hinkle likes this.
    03-15-2015 02:11 AM
    Who leaves their phone unattended? Do you leave your wallet unattended? Does your wallet have a lock on it? How about your keys?

I'm in no way saying that you should always leave your phone unlocked. But let's not get crazy about locking a device that you should never just leave it unattended.

I may have friends over and leave my phone on charge on my desk, they could go on to my social media or emails and mess about for fun.

Secondly, if my phone was stolen someone could rack up a huge international bill instantly
    03-15-2015 05:41 AM
31 12