03-18-2015 01:28 PM
27 12
tools
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-uh...n-us-m9-buyers

Offering this from HTC. Really? Telegraphing to potential buyer that you would even need it. More of a misstep than the incremental changes.
    03-17-2015 08:17 PM
    Well to be fair, Motorola and Verizon did the one year free screen replacement for the Turbo. It's along the same lines as HTC but they are covering everything and then some.

I was told Samsung would offer a lost cost warranty plan for the S6.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    Ry likes this.
    03-17-2015 08:23 PM
    Droid Turbo comes with one free screen replacement. Any free warranty coverage is a plus. I agree there are lots of question marks around the M9, but if I was thinking of buying then this would definitely help.
    03-17-2015 08:26 PM
    As an HTC fan boy(check my post history)i'v just sold my M8 and purchased a note 4.... HTC was ripe to make a move on the market leader and once again spit the bit. such a shame.!!!!!!
    03-17-2015 08:28 PM
    The timing is a bit odd, maybe well after the release but not before the release .
    03-17-2015 08:37 PM
    Verizon tooted their horn about the Turbo screen thing well before it was released. Maybe a sign of things to come.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    03-17-2015 08:39 PM
    Verizon tooted their horn about the Turbo screen thing well before it was released. Maybe a sign of things to come.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    Imagine the posts if Samsung announced something similar.
    03-17-2015 08:42 PM
    The M9 looks to be another great HTC phone, but the new S6 has stolen all of the headlines.

HTC is looking to capitalize on a fear of most smart phone owners, the drop/break.
    03-17-2015 09:36 PM
    The M9 looks to be another great HTC phone, but the new S6 has stolen all of the headlines.

HTC is looking to capitalize on a fear of most smart phone owners, the drop/break.
    Could be but HTC really missed a chance to capitalize and outshine the GS6.
    03-17-2015 09:45 PM
    The timing is a bit odd, maybe well after the release but not before the release .
    The timing is normal.

Starting with late m7 purchasing, any consumer will now get 1 free screen replacement for the first year on all HTC high end phones. I have about 2 weeks left on my m8 to replace my screen if it gets damaged.

The latest thing from HTC has nothing to do with the phone or the chipset. It's typical and normal and other OEMs should do this. (edit: Samsung dies do this, but like I said in my other thread, it costs $99 for 2 years and a $75 deductible... with HTC it's free for a limited time)

I don't see anyone here that would refuse a free screen replacement for the S6. Why doesn't Samsung do this?

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    03-17-2015 11:30 PM
    Imagine if some auto manufacturer offered some kind warranty on their brand new models, most likely would be their death knell.
    davidtm likes this.
    03-17-2015 11:39 PM
    Imagine if some auto manufacturer offered some kind warranty on their brand new models, most likely would be their death knell.
    This is my point. If there is a high incidence of issues, then get out ahead of the story. It's almost like they want you to think they have your back for something that is pretty rare like screen breakage.
    03-18-2015 05:58 AM
    So rare that is been going on for two years now.
    Boy you like to spread fud, don't you.

Edit: and car manufacturers have been giving "bumper to bumper" warranty for how many years now? 20? 30?

bigrey81 likes this.
    03-18-2015 06:01 AM
    It's not as if my decision to buy a M9 over the GS6 would be influenced by the offer. Nothing to do with functionality or performance differentiation other they aren't confident in their product to offer ahead of any potential issue not likely to happen often.
    03-18-2015 06:02 AM
    So rare that is been going on for two years now.
    Boy you like to spread fud, don't you.

Posting about the HTC M9 in the Samsung S6 forum too
    03-18-2015 06:02 AM
    Two things. In the context of recent posts in threads where both devices are discussed, may not appeal to some but not out of place. Anyone that reads my posts knows I am a big on Samsung but open minded to consider all devices when deciding on a replacement for my GS4. I have always tried to be respectful of other device makers.
    03-18-2015 06:19 AM
    I would like to see something like this from Samsung for the edge. I'm nervous about that model because we just don't know how fragile the screen will be, and I'm sure replacing it will be both expensive, and a pain (requiring a send back to Samsung - I can't see much, if any after market availability of the screen, nor would I trust a third party with repairs at this point since the tech is so new)

Posted via Android Central App
    03-18-2015 07:09 AM
    I would like to see something like this from Samsung for the edge. I'm nervous about that model because we just don't know how fragile the screen will be, and I'm sure replacing it will be both expensive, and a pain (requiring a send back to Samsung - I can't see much, if any after market availability of the screen, nor would I trust a third party with repairs at this point since the tech is so new)

Posted via Android Central App
    Exactly. I'm still on the fence on which S6 version to get and something like this would help push me to the edge (heh). I can't imagine replacing the screen on the Edge version being even close to reasonable. My guess is if you drop and break the screen, you're better off picking up a cheaper phone off ebay. If I get the edge, I will most certainly be getting some type of insurance.

I don't have that worry with the regular S6.
    03-18-2015 07:20 AM
    Buyers of HTC One M9 (and other HTC handsets) to get free repairs for 1 year

Offering this from HTC. Really? Telegraphing to potential buyer that you would even need it. More of a misstep than the incremental changes.

They did it last year. The turbo also has a free screen replacement. I don't think its a white flag as you stated.
    03-18-2015 10:56 AM
    Not sure how offering consumers an advanced (and free) warranty package as a differentiator is evidence of some sort of problem. If there are any heating issues, they would be covered under the general warranty anyway. Uh-oh is for accidental damage.
    Ry likes this.
    03-18-2015 11:18 AM
    Posting about the HTC M9 in the Samsung S6 forum too
    Thread moved to correct forum.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-18-2015 11:25 AM
    Worst thread ever, how can you bash on such a positive thing.
    03-18-2015 11:41 AM
    If I was a Samsung fanboy I would be so happy with their new product I wouldn't even be thinking about what HTC is doing
    03-18-2015 11:43 AM
    Remember they see all of the rumours also with the over heating thing so give your customers some confidence

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 11:52 AM
    I'm not sure how long you've been here, but every year since around 2013 those people do the same thing in HTC forums. The same people every year. They'll either start derailing threads with their persistent bashing, consistently start less than optimistic topics, or start flame bate topics over in their forums. They are too predictable and will always pull the "oh I don't hate HTC I'm not biased at all" or "I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to start something, I'm just wondering what y'all thought about this". Like clockwork they'll act as if they have good intentions, but then go right to their forums and start running down HTC.

Prime example: in HTC forums they'll say Zomg the M9 overheated oh no!! This is disaster!! how you guys feel about this? Over in their forum they'll say ...the M9 is suxxorz it runs hot and is crap...blah blah.

It doesn't bother me, so just in case you started to wonder, what I just explained is the gist of it. It's best to ignore and keep it moving.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bigrey81, Adam_ation and Lady_Evo like this.
    03-18-2015 12:58 PM
27 12