03-18-2015 08:13 AM
    Will probably need it if the M9 is the same slippery bar of soap that the previous models were.
    03-18-2015 08:23 AM
    Will probably need it if the M9 is the same slippery bar of soap that the previous models were.
    I agree that the HTC One M8 was slick to hold, but I wonder how many people actually dropped their phone and used the HTC Advantage Screen replacement...

I guess it was not enough for HTC to worry about going broke for upgrading to a damage protection plan. I say good for them - I'd love to see it retroactively apply to my HTC Desire Eye!
    03-18-2015 08:40 AM
    It's really nice one and it is true that HTC to offer 'Uh-Oh' if your phone gets damaged and check out my first impressions, should be launching soon and when it does US customers will be able eligible for these benefits in the new HTC UH OH Protection program.
    03-20-2015 04:16 AM
    So i happened to be looking at the terms and it says

"“Eligible Product” means a Product intended to be sold in the United States that is (i) a new HTC One (M8) purchased on or after April 10, 2015 and prior to August 31, 2015, or new HTC One M9 mobile device purchased prior to August 31, 2015;"

So its only on products purchased between April and end of August ?
    03-22-2015 02:04 AM
    So i happened to be looking at the terms and it says

"“Eligible Product” means a Product intended to be sold in the United States that is (i) a new HTC One (M8) purchased on or after April 10, 2015 and prior to August 31, 2015, or new HTC One M9 mobile device purchased prior to August 31, 2015;"

So its only on products purchased between April and end of August ?
    It seems that way, I guess it could be to do with if they left it any later people would just buy one simply to get $100 of the next HTC flagship.

I wish we had it in the UK even if it just applied to day one customers! - Adam
    03-22-2015 05:48 AM
    So us getting the M9 will have this new Uh Oh insurance right? We pay 11 a month on 2 phones from Sprint and I've been with Sprint over 10 years and only filed an insurance claim once when I lost my Katana flip phone. I had to pay 50 bucks. My husband has never filed a claim so I am thinking we should cancel insurance do you agree?
    03-25-2015 12:31 AM
    I really wish other OEMs would offer something similar. It's a great idea!

So us getting the M9 will have this new Uh Oh insurance right? We pay 11 a month on 2 phones from Sprint and I've been with Sprint over 10 years and only filed an insurance claim once when I lost my Katana flip phone. I had to pay 50 bucks. My husband has never filed a claim so I am thinking we should cancel insurance do you agree?
    I never purchase insurance through a carrier anymore. There are other sites that offer protection for less money. If you guys are both getting the M9 I doubt you'll need it. The only drawback to Uh Oh is that it's only for a year, and the insurance is for the life of the device, but over time you might end up paying more for insurance than the device is worth.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-25-2015 11:37 AM
    Yeah I know know the Uh Oh is just for a year. But $11 for two years was more than the phones going to cost. Also
    we always have a good case on our phone and a screen protector which last year we found the Zagg tempered glass that we loved. So I might just cancel my insurance when we get these phones.

Also with Sprint they used to bill your account for the phone and it would be like on your next bill. Well now they said they don't do that anymore you lease the phone and make installment payments for 2 years but I might just pay it outright $200 but I heard some phone's depending on the phone you can pay an extra $10 a month and do a yearly lease an upgrade every year. I would do that! Than I would save a hundred off my next HTC if I didn't l don't use Uh Oh. I guess we'll see.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-25-2015 03:07 PM
    Yeah I know know the Uh Oh is just for a year. But $11 for two years was more than the phones going to cost. Also
    we always have a good case on our phone and a screen protector which last year we found the Zagg tempered glass that we loved. So I might just cancel my insurance when we get these phones.

Also with Sprint they used to bill your account for the phone and it would be like on your next bill. Well now they said they don't do that anymore you lease the phone and make installment payments for 2 years but I might just pay it outright $200 but I heard some phone's depending on the phone you can pay an extra $10 a month and do a yearly lease an upgrade every year. I would do that! Than I would save a hundred off my next HTC if I didn't l don't use Uh Oh. I guess we'll see.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'll be buying the phone outright if I get one because I'm on the Next plan on AT&T from my iPhone 6. I just hope the rumored unlocked/off contract pricing of around $650 is correct.
    03-25-2015 03:59 PM
    You do realize that HTC is not offering you insurance if your device is lost that's the end of it. No theft or loss coverage.
    03-25-2015 10:35 PM
    Right just on cracked screen or water damage correct? I've only lost my phone once in the 12 years I've had Sprint my old Katana flip phone. My husband has never filed a claim so I am not sure we need it. But if we were to keep insurance what's the best cheaper company? Is their a cheap company that covers loss and theft only?

You do realize that HTC is not offering you insurance if your device is lost that's the end of it. No theft or loss coverage.
    03-25-2015 11:44 PM
    Who do you use what company and how much is it? I pay 11 x 2 phones but Sprint has something going on where I saw 9 dollars.

I really wish other OEMs would offer something similar. It's a great idea!

I never purchase insurance through a carrier anymore. There are other sites that offer protection for less money. If you guys are both getting the M9 I doubt you'll need it. The only drawback to Uh Oh is that it's only for a year, and the insurance is for the life of the device, but over time you might end up paying more for insurance than the device is worth.
    03-25-2015 11:46 PM
    Who do you use what company and how much is it? I pay 11 x 2 phones but Sprint has something going on where I saw 9 dollars.
    I'm generally an iPhone user with occasional Android use. I've usually gone with AppleCare, but I've seen 3rd party solutions that offer similar protection for other devices. I'll update this post later to some links if I can find them. It's been a little while since I looked into it.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-26-2015 09:04 AM