Why all of the M9 hate? I don't get it...

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

This time of year should be fun for all of us android fans. Whether you're a HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony fan, be happy that new toys are coming out to play with. I'm not a fan of blatant negativity or rudeness and some of that has been going on here. This type of behavior is very un-dude like. If you don't have something constructive to add to any of these forums then zip it. I go back to the crackberry days and these forums have always been great, so be nice and let's keep it the same fun, insightful, and best place to come for cell phone tech.

I'm looking very forward to the M9!

The Dude Abides.

Posted via the Android Central App

May 19, 2014
Visit site
We live in an age of instant everything, where everyone's voice is heard in real time. Of course one is allowed to vent their own frustrations with any product they dislike. I think they call that freedom. You don't have to buy the M9 if you don't want to, you also don't have to read anything negative if you so chose. People are always going find something to complain about. Always.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So, if people are disappointed with what HTC has made in the M9 they should just be quiet and get in line?

Absolutely not, I've just seen other people talking down to others vs voicing their frustration or dislikes of the device. A device that very few of us have had the chance to actually see/use in real time. Just seems the M9 has brought more of this stuff out compared to what I've seen in previous years.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
We live in an age of instant everything, where everyone's voice is heard in real time. Of course one is allowed to vent their own frustrations with any product they dislike. I think they call that freedom. You don't have to buy the M9 if you don't want to, you also don't have to read anything negative if you so chose. People are always going find something to complain about. Always.

Agreed, but make it about the device, not other members.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with the M9 whats so ever. I think it comes down to the fact people were expecting more from HTC. I was also expecting a lot more like a design change, but I've put some thought into it & why change anything when u can upgrade the hardware & software that people were complaining about. I have no interest in buying it because I recently sold my M8 & purchased the Note 4. Other than that I've grown to like what they've done with it.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There have been wars like this for years, and nothing will stop it, its people and their love of technology...I like it actually
I remember last year (or 2 years ago) when the S5 and the M7 were being released, it was even worst than this...I wonder how many people got banned that year lol

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 family members with M7s eligible for upgrade on Sprint. Will see what the Amazon prices are and at Best Buy vs Sprint employee value program. Again, I hope there is an HTC loyalty program for $100 or $150 off a purchase on contract as there was with the M7. All 3 M7s and my M8 have been reliable phones, especially since 4G arrived in Virginia. It is faster in many places than Verizon 4G (my iPhone). I may be in th minority, but I love the Dot View case. The new Dot breaker game and the live themes are kinda fun. Camera will be better than the one on the M7 for sure. M8 camera is just fine for my use. Battery life on the M8 is much better than on the M7. Hopefully the M9 will at least be equal to the M8 in that regard. I have a Quick Charge 2.0 charger and that thing is fast when the battery is really discharged. Will have to wait and see if the QC 2 charger comes with the M9. M7, M8, and M9 are infinitely better than the EVOLTE I started with after years and years of Palm and webOS.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No, they can express their opinions, explain why they feel like that but never cross the line. I think this is what the OP is saying.

I personally believe that HTC made some mistakes in its communication plan, but apart from that the M9 looks like a solid upgrade from the M7 & M8 devices. The camera is the only thing that could disappoint and that would be something that could hurt HTC.
The M8 was for me the best phone of 2014. It would be perfect if it had an iPhone camera.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Folks,

This time of year should be fun for all of us android fans. Whether you're a HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony fan, be happy that new toys are coming out to play with. I'm not a fan of blatant negativity or rudeness and some of that has been going on here. This type of behavior is very un-dude like. If you don't have something constructive to add to any of these forums then zip it. I go back to the crackberry days and these forums have always been great, so be nice and let's keep it the same fun, insightful, and best place to come for cell phone tech.

I'm looking very forward to the M9!

The Dude Abides.

It hAs mostly been fans of a certain manufacturer that would bring such antics to HTC forums. It's the same thing every year. I would normally buy the notion that it's part of our nature, but the obsession with devoting time to something you don't like is just creepy. You've even had people create accounts just to bring those antics into the HTC forums. This activity usually dies out around July or August. Of course should HTC go out of business, it will end for good. Also, it's not just the M9, the M8, M7, and One X got the same treatment from those same people. It does make for good entertainment though.

I'll also add that ever since a certain manufacturer rose to great success, the quality of some discussions has gone to pits of hell. Of course maybe I'm delusional and am imagining all this...and I'm just as guilty of joining the party.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm 47, but I don't really care what anyone says about HTC. I've been reading these posts and comments with all this sparring and trolling and I feel sorry for some of you. You like the M9? Great, buy it, enjoy. You like the S6? Great, buy it, enjoy it. But do we need all this,"my phone is better than yours" BS? It's a free country and you can say whatever you want but I can think of better uses of my time than getting into online flame wars over a phone.
Have a great weekend folks.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Some of us don't know ourselves which is best.

So a lot of posts are just highlighting specific pros and cons as we go.

Secondly, the M9 hate is because of how close it could have been to a brilliant phone. They opted to improve on the current design, that's fine we can accept it, but they had 2 things they needed to improve, battery life and the camera, and it's coming to light that they've achieved neither

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Some of us don't know ourselves which is best.

So a lot of posts are just highlighting specific pros and cons as we go.

Secondly, the M9 hate is because of how close it could have been to a brilliant phone. They opted to improve on the current design, that's fine we can accept it, but they had 2 things they needed to improve, battery life and the camera, and it's coming to light that they've achieved neither

Would you like to place a friendly wager on the improvements they've made to the camera and battery life. I'll state for the record that compared to the M8, they've improved both the camera quality and battery life with the M9. You say that they haven't improved either one. We can make this a Sig bet that will be enforced until June 1st. Let me know.

Edit: or we can do an avatar bet where the winner decides what the loser has to change their avatar picture to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It hAs mostly been fans of a certain manufacturer that would bring such antics to HTC forums. It's the same thing every year. I would normally buy the notion that it's part of our nature, but the obsession with devoting time to something you don't like is just creepy. You've even had people create accounts just to bring those antics into the HTC forums. This activity usually dies out around July or August. Of course should HTC go out of business, it will end for good. Also, it's not just the M9, the M8, M7, and One X got the same treatment from those same people. It does make for good entertainment though.

I'll also add that ever since a certain manufacturer rose to great success, the quality of some discussions has gone to pits of hell. Of course maybe I'm delusional and am imagining all this...and I'm just as guilty of joining the party.

Honestly .. all forums get some negative reviews from other phone users. It is people comparing and seeing what they like / don't like. It isn't just HTC .. Samsung gets it .. LG gets it .. Everyone. :).

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Haha ok I'm in.

Just because if I were to lose I'll be purchasing the M9 probably anyway haha.

I'll let you set the rules on how we decide what quantifies as better, I suggest using specific reputable review sites to see what they say

I'd like to go for the avatar one, hope you're a Steve Jobs fan :p