Battery life issues?!?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Next year should be better with Qualcomm and Samsung using their own custom CPU and GPU cores.

Agree. Samsung seems to be on the right track, hope they up the battery next year. Will be interested to see how the note 5 is this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC slipped big time this year. I'm more impressed with their HTC M9 Plus, but who knows if that will even be in the states

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
From Mobile Syrup review:

"One area where the device has improved over last year’s model is battery life. The device has a 2,840mAh cell, up from 2,600mAh in the M8. Combined with the relative efficiency of Lollipop, I had no problem getting through a full day of heavy usage."

Why is his impression on battery life so much better than anyone else's. His review is general actually is positive. Guess I'll need to read some more reviews.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/22/htc-one-m9-review/#disqus_thread

Posted via the Android Central Appo

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC slipped big time this year. I'm more impressed with their HTC M9 Plus, but who knows if that will even be in the states

My gut feeling is I agree with you. I find myself trying to talk my way out of it but something isn't sitting right.

Posted via the Android Central App

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
From Mobile Syrup review:

"One area where the device has improved over last year’s model is battery life. The device has a 2,840mAh cell, up from 2,600mAh in the M8. Combined with the relative efficiency of Lollipop, I had no problem getting through a full day of heavy usage."

Why is his impression on battery life so much better than anyone else's. His review is general actually is positive. Guess I'll need to read some more reviews.

HTC One M9 review | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via the Android Central Appo

Because he's going off theory instead of actual results aside from his estimations based on his experiences, which we know are inaccurate.

In theory, a higher battery capacity should lead to better battery life, but it does not show with the M9.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, I'm waiting to weigh in on battery life once we've got a proper U.S.-banded version with LTE. Rundown tests aren't real-life usage.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Because he's going off theory instead of actual results aside from his estimations based on his experiences, which we know are inaccurate.

In theory, a higher battery capacity should lead to better battery life, but it does not show with the M9.

Sorry but he's had the phone and used it every day for 2 weeks straight. What he has to say is valid. Personal use is always more useful to me than benchmark tests. I've read several reviews now and it seems like 13-16 hours is the expectations unless you are a gamer.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but he's had the phone and used it every day for 2 weeks straight. What he has to say is valid. Personal use is always more useful to me than benchmark tests. I've read several reviews now and it seems like 13-16 hours is the expectations unless you are a gamer.

What he said is valid only for him. Because you or I or anybody else aren't using phone like he does.

Is m9 battery decent and enough for one day use? Sure. Is it better than m8? No.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I'm waiting to weigh in on battery life once we've got a proper U.S.-banded version with LTE. Rundown tests aren't real-life usage.

The same could be said about the S6.
There was a rumor going around that Samsung was working on improving drivers on their SoC to improve final battery life. We shall see.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Agree. Samsung seems to be on the right track, hope they up the battery next year. Will be interested to see how the note 5 is this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all goes well, Samsung may use their own custom GPU cores for the Note 5. Should be VERY interesting.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar