hi im looking at moving to htc and looking to get a htc one m9. currently have a xperia z2 and although i love the phone im getting sick of dropping it and braking the glass so looking to move to a metal phone this time. from the current reviews it looks like the battery is not brilliant right now but could thhat be improved with software updates or am i going to be stuck with how it is now im a fairly heavy user and use my phone a work for internet facebook etc a lot i get around 7 hours sot which does me fine. just hoping that a software update can bring the battery life we should be seeing ?
    03-23-2015 01:40 PM
    Software updates CAN improve battery life if they streamline processes that were misbehaving or using resources it could have spared. Just look at the Moto360, which went from less than a day with 'normal' use at launch to nearly 3 days of 'normal' use for some users (I can get it to last 2 days without problems now).

However, there's no guarantee that it will happen or that HTC can improve their battery life even further. And what's more, it will also depend on which apps you run in your phone.
    03-23-2015 01:50 PM
    ok thanks i use xbmc facebook skynews etc mainly its used with the default browser app. really like the look of htc phones just dont want to find its constantly stuck on charge. dont like samsung phones and im not going bact to apple to basic
    03-23-2015 01:55 PM
    Well, you can always try the device for a few days and if you don't like it, return it or exchange it. Most stores do that now.
    UJ95x likes this.
    03-23-2015 02:35 PM
    ok thanks i use xbmc facebook skynews etc mainly its used with the default browser app. really like the look of htc phones just dont want to find its constantly stuck on charge. dont like samsung phones and im not going bact to apple to basic
    Facebook is a battery drain and memory hog no matter what phone or OS you use if you're using the app. I'd suggest using FB in your browser.
    03-23-2015 02:45 PM
    I have a oneplus one and have absolutely no problems with it at all its just I've always wanted the htc one phones but didn't have the money. I don't care much about camera but the battery life on the m9 is scarring me most. My oneplus gets me through my 12 hr shift while playing podcasts and music with no worries with plenty battery to get through the rest of the day. I just really like what htc brings to the table. I hope battery can be improved with some kind of update
    03-23-2015 03:22 PM
    It could, but it's not in your hands and may or may not happen.

Here is what I know that will help with the battery: turn of sync, turn off data when not in use, reboot or soft reboot from time to time to clear stuck apps and services.
    03-23-2015 04:13 PM
    Why would HTC remove the screen memory caching built into the screen that the M8 had? Cost cutting/cutting corners? That is a subtle thing not being mentioned much in reviews at all that is adversely affecting battery life on the M9 that software can't fix. One step forward, two steps back it seems.
    03-24-2015 07:15 AM