I admit, I've been using an iPhone 6 for the last 6 months. One of the reasons (besides being obsessed with latest/greatest) was the erratic syncing with Android and my MacBook. I carry 56 GB of music with me and usually another 20 GB of pictures. I need 128GB storage on phone or card. How has the sync manager been in it's latest version with Macs running OS Yosemite? iTunes Playlist and iPhoto pictures syncing? Thanks for any feedback. I want the new M9 and those new speakers with Dolby!
    03-26-2015 09:34 AM
    I was wondering about the exact same thing. I had the M8, and even HTC's rep told me that HTC Sync Manager didn't really work with Macs. They suggested AirDroid which worked ok. I have the 128GB iPhone 6 and it only has about 13GBs free b/c of all my music. I found workarounds to get pics, but was hoping HTC fixed their Sync Manager.
    03-26-2015 09:40 AM
    I admit, I've been using an iPhone 6 for the last 6 months. One of the reasons (besides being obsessed with latest/greatest) was the erratic syncing with Android and my MacBook. I carry 56 GB of music with me and usually another 20 GB of pictures. I need 128GB storage on phone or card. How has the sync manager been in it's latest version with Macs running OS Yosemite? iTunes Playlist and iPhoto pictures syncing? Thanks for any feedback. I want the new M9 and those new speakers with Dolby!
    Just spoke on live chat with an HTC rep. He said there is no official update to Sync Manager supporting Macs, but he gave me this link as a file transfer alternative.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

I may try Sync Manager first just in case.

Sidenote: Nice to see a fellow Georgian on here.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    03-26-2015 12:49 PM
    Why not just use Google Music Manager to upload your iTunes music to Google?that way you won't need to sync anything..

As far as I know there is a Mac version of the sync manager, it works bad though.
    03-26-2015 01:01 PM
    Why not just use Google Music Manager to upload your iTunes music to Google?that way you won't need to sync anything..

As far as I know there is a Mac version of the sync manager, it works bad though.
    The HTC Sync Manager is unusable on a Mac, even the HTC reps admit it. LOL. I've not tried Google's yet. I'll give it a look. Getting photos was a problem off my computer if I remember correctly when I had the M8. I ended up using OneDrive, but it seemed like the photos got compressed somehow.
    03-26-2015 01:09 PM
    If you want to sync pictures then you are going to face some issues on a Mac. I have decided not to do that at all. Instead I prefer to just manually export the albums I need to folders on my Mac, insert the SD card on my iMac and copy the folders exported before to my sd card.
    Not ideal but it works.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    03-26-2015 01:17 PM

You can use Google Music, but you are streaming (or downloading when online for local storage).Last time I tried this - it would only "download" into the device and not the Sd card - that didn't leave me enough room. I don't want to use data streaming if possible. Android file transfer works to get all music on a card- but doesn't transfer playlists...

I also have tried "Missing Sync" app a while back, but it crashes before finishing and doesn't keep up with playlist changes.
    03-26-2015 02:59 PM
    If you want to sync pictures then you are going to face some issues on a Mac. I have decided not to do that at all. Instead I prefer to just manually export the albums I need to folders on my Mac, insert the SD card on my iMac and copy the folders exported before to my sd card.
    Not ideal but it works.
    For pictures- I guess I have to just occasionally download them from google drive to iPhoto.
    03-26-2015 03:01 PM
    You can select to download your albums on an sd card. No problems with that.
    03-26-2015 03:11 PM
    You can select to download your albums on an sd card. No problems with that.
    Thanks, Thats good, I'm refreshing my Google Play Music now.
    The quality won't quite be as high though as it "matches" known music at about 256? bit rate rather than uploading your file, and I have about a quarter of my music in a higher bit rate or lossless. I'm preparing to order the M9 at Midnight anyways!
    03-26-2015 03:55 PM
    I don't know about that. I haven't found any settings to control the bitrate.
    03-27-2015 12:22 AM
    Thinking about S6 but need to know is there a way to sync Contacts and Calendar between S6 and Mac? I have 0ver 3000 contacts that I really don't want to retype.
    03-27-2015 11:28 AM
    Thinking about S6 but need to know is there a way to sync Contacts and Calendar between S6 and Mac? I have 0ver 3000 contacts that I really don't want to retype.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.icloud&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.icloud&hl=en

Smoothsync. Best app out there.
    03-27-2015 11:39 AM