If I bought the Sprint HTC M9 would it work on Verizon and would it have sprints bloatware on it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2015 09:52 AM
    I might work, but not very well, you might want to wait for the Verizon version to go on sale
    03-27-2015 09:57 AM
    It won't work at all. Even though both companies use CDMA, neither is useable on the others network. Sorry.
    03-27-2015 02:50 PM
    Verizon and Sprint phones do utlize CDMA, but they operate on different bands/frequency spectrums. For roaming purposes you can go between the networks but the phone has to be programmed appropriately. However, the M9 should be dual band meaning you can utilize CDMA or GSM. But a carrier can't unlock the device to only support/use GSM.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2015 07:55 PM
    Hardware wise they are compatible. However neither network operators allow the competitors to be re-registered on a different network.
    When the Sprint unit is sold to Sprint its ESN / IMEI are registered in Sprints master list of devices and can be authenticated on its network.
    Taking that same unit to Verizon will show and a non valid ESN / IMEI for Verizon since its not in Verizons master list. So can a Sprint device work on Verizon, technical answer is Yes its capable but with out registering properly it will not work.. But with out being able to register it to the network it will not so the actual answer is No.
    03-28-2015 03:56 PM
    Sprint and Verizon have agreements to roam on each other networks. Sprint actually pays out a lot of cash to Verizon for roaming due to the size of their network. Sprint is tired of having to pay Verizon roaming fees, hence the company is trying to expand and fix it's network.

Yes, your phone will have Sprint bloat on it.

Funny thing is that customers pay Verizon a lot of money each month. I hardly ever call anyone, but send lots of text messages. I think Verizon plans are expensive for people who predominantly text. If I want fast speeds I'm on WiFi at home where I get up to 100 mbps download speeds with Xfinity.
    03-29-2015 04:17 AM