Post Photos Taken With Your M9!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Now that the device is trickling into users hands I thought it'd be cool to start a thread for posting photos taken with the M9. Shoot away!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and if any of you use manual settings, please post them with the pics. I'd love to start using manual mode, but I have no idea where to start. Thanks!

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am becoming convinced that any challenges that this phone has with photos is software related and not hardware related. There are some pretty good threads developing in various forums that talk about drastically better results that can be achieved through manual settings of the camera vs the fully automatic mode. I am duplicating that time and time again. The most important setting appears to be limiting ISO to 200 if at all possible. Auto ISO is just ridiculous on this phone right now. The other manual setting is knocking down sharpness 1.5. Here is what you get when you do that. The first photo is fully automatic and the second photo is optimizing manual settings.

e5c70346ced232c04dd37c10c9cb9af0.jpg

f8c1fb2d6729721fc3ab01540515b22c.jpg

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
From reading these threads it seems like a lot of you who live overseas purchased the M9? Seen a few people from the US on who ordered one. If that's the case HTC is doomed.

In your pictures they are a little saturated with the colors. I don't see enough natural colors like I would with an S6.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
From reading these threads it seems like a lot of you who live overseas purchased the M9? Seen a few people from the US on who ordered one. If that's the case HTC is doomed.

In your pictures they are a little saturated with the colors. I don't see enough natural colors like I would with an S6.

Please tell me you're joking. So what's the correlation between their number of forum members here who bothered to sign up and post in this forum, and HTC's fate. I'm just dying to hear that.

Seems that the pictures aren't as bad as I expected, too bad the auto mode can't seem to get some things right, along with their dorked up metering approach.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
The phone isn't even available in stores in the US. That's a bit premature.

The manual photo above has saturation dialed up 0.5.

You can tell how well a phone will sell by pre orders and whether there is a huge demand for the phone or not. Let's use Samsung/Apple as clear examples.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyways, how's this for a picture taken with an M9? Nostalgia anybody?

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook! :D

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know when it's supposed arrive, but when the RAW format support is enabled, I'm dying to see how the M9 applies its post processing with the .jpg images (relatively speaking). These pictures definitely do help with getting a better understanding of how the camera performs since there is a nice variety of the environment and conditions that these photos are being taken in.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets keep the discussion civil and leave the insults and finger pointing at the door. Nobody is obligated to respond.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
So you're telling us that you have inside information on pre-orders?

If a company is doing well. They will boast about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.

Last edited:

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If a company is doing well. They will boost about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.

I'm pretty sure that pre orders last year were a moot point. They released to Verizon on announcement day and to the rest of the carriers about a week later. Not much time to gain boost-able numbers. Samsung and Apple typically have an 1 to 1 1/2 month pre-order window which would allow a lot more pre orders. This year HTC released outside of the US within weeks of announcement and to the US on the same day that Samsung is releasing globally. In addition, HTC has allowed full price orders to ship as of April 1. Those wouldn't be considered pre orders either, those are called true sales.

I don't expect HTC to outsale Samsung and Apple but pre orders is an extremely poor way to view a company's overall sales and more importantly success.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
If a company is doing well. They will boost about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.

HTC does not divulge any numbers regarding the sales or orders of their devices. They've not done that since the release of the EVO 3D. This practice of theirs is nothing new. So what were the anticipated sales and preorder numbers for their prior releases dating back to 2012. When you say the best product, are you taking about popularity or some other metric that indicates a devices superiority? Or is it marketing that could sway the opinion of a consumer so that they conclude which device is the best product? Any other theories?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463