11-09-2017 11:00 PM
403 123 ...
tools
    Now that the device is trickling into users hands I thought it'd be cool to start a thread for posting photos taken with the M9. Shoot away!
    04-01-2015 01:30 AM
    Oh, and if any of you use manual settings, please post them with the pics. I'd love to start using manual mode, but I have no idea where to start. Thanks!
    04-02-2015 01:32 PM
    Heres one i snapped this morning - Adam

Post Photos Taken With Your M9!-imag0053.jpg
    04-02-2015 01:54 PM
    Heres one i snapped this morning - Adam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	632.3 KB 
ID:	169237
    That's a beautiful area! Where is it?
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-02-2015 02:11 PM
    That's a beautiful area! Where is it?
    Whitby, North Yorkshire UK - Adam
    04-02-2015 02:38 PM
    Whitby, North Yorkshire UK - Adam
    That'd be some great scenery to wake up to everyday!
    04-02-2015 02:40 PM
    Haha yeah it's not too bad seems pretty popular in the summer - Adam
    04-02-2015 02:42 PM
    I am becoming convinced that any challenges that this phone has with photos is software related and not hardware related. There are some pretty good threads developing in various forums that talk about drastically better results that can be achieved through manual settings of the camera vs the fully automatic mode. I am duplicating that time and time again. The most important setting appears to be limiting ISO to 200 if at all possible. Auto ISO is just ridiculous on this phone right now. The other manual setting is knocking down sharpness 1.5. Here is what you get when you do that. The first photo is fully automatic and the second photo is optimizing manual settings.

04-02-2015 09:01 PM
    From reading these threads it seems like a lot of you who live overseas purchased the M9? Seen a few people from the US on who ordered one. If that's the case HTC is doomed.

In your pictures they are a little saturated with the colors. I don't see enough natural colors like I would with an S6.
    lemonsarenice likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:33 PM
    The phone isn't even available in stores in the US. That's a bit premature.

The manual photo above has saturation dialed up 0.5.
    04-02-2015 09:40 PM
    From reading these threads it seems like a lot of you who live overseas purchased the M9? Seen a few people from the US on who ordered one. If that's the case HTC is doomed.

In your pictures they are a little saturated with the colors. I don't see enough natural colors like I would with an S6.
    Please tell me you're joking. So what's the correlation between their number of forum members here who bothered to sign up and post in this forum, and HTC's fate. I'm just dying to hear that.

Seems that the pictures aren't as bad as I expected, too bad the auto mode can't seem to get some things right, along with their dorked up metering approach.

Posted via the Android Central App
    coronaboy10 and miller7796 like this.
    04-02-2015 09:46 PM
    The phone isn't even available in stores in the US. That's a bit premature.

The manual photo above has saturation dialed up 0.5.
    You can tell how well a phone will sell by pre orders and whether there is a huge demand for the phone or not. Let's use Samsung/Apple as clear examples.
    04-02-2015 10:51 PM
    Anyways, how's this for a picture taken with an M9? Nostalgia anybody?

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook!
    lemonsarenice likes this.
    04-02-2015 11:27 PM
    Forgot to attach pic

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook!
    Attached Thumbnails Post Photos Taken With Your M9!-5097.jpg  
    04-02-2015 11:28 PM
    I don't know when it's supposed arrive, but when the RAW format support is enabled, I'm dying to see how the M9 applies its post processing with the .jpg images (relatively speaking). These pictures definitely do help with getting a better understanding of how the camera performs since there is a nice variety of the environment and conditions that these photos are being taken in.

04-03-2015 02:19 AM
    Lets keep the discussion civil and leave the insults and finger pointing at the door. Nobody is obligated to respond.

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC.
    04-03-2015 02:31 AM
    You can tell how well a phone will sell by pre orders and whether there is a huge demand for the phone or not. Let's use Samsung/Apple as clear examples.
    So you're telling us that you have inside information on pre-orders?
    04-03-2015 05:12 AM
    If a company is doing well. They will boast about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.
    TourATL likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:05 AM
    If a company is doing well. They will boost about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.
    I'm pretty sure that pre orders last year were a moot point. They released to Verizon on announcement day and to the rest of the carriers about a week later. Not much time to gain boost-able numbers. Samsung and Apple typically have an 1 to 1 1/2 month pre-order window which would allow a lot more pre orders. This year HTC released outside of the US within weeks of announcement and to the US on the same day that Samsung is releasing globally. In addition, HTC has allowed full price orders to ship as of April 1. Those wouldn't be considered pre orders either, those are called true sales.

I don't expect HTC to outsale Samsung and Apple but pre orders is an extremely poor way to view a company's overall sales and more importantly success.
    04-03-2015 10:24 AM
    If a company is doing well. They will boost about their pre orders. Why? Because it feeds into people wanting what others have or what they perceive to the best product. You never see or read about HTC talking about their pre order numbers. Why? Because they always fall flat of what they anticipated.
    HTC does not divulge any numbers regarding the sales or orders of their devices. They've not done that since the release of the EVO 3D. This practice of theirs is nothing new. So what were the anticipated sales and preorder numbers for their prior releases dating back to 2012. When you say the best product, are you taking about popularity or some other metric that indicates a devices superiority? Or is it marketing that could sway the opinion of a consumer so that they conclude which device is the best product? Any other theories?

04-03-2015 10:51 AM
    I'm pretty sure that pre orders last year were a moot point. They released to Verizon on announcement day and to the rest of the carriers about a week later. Not much time to gain boost-able numbers. Samsung and Apple typically have an 1 to 1 1/2 month pre-order window which would allow a lot more pre orders. This year HTC released outside of the US within weeks of announcement and to the US on the same day that Samsung is releasing globally. In addition, HTC has allowed full price orders to ship as of April 1. Those wouldn't be considered pre orders either, those are called true sales.

I don't expect HTC to outsale Samsung and Apple but pre orders is an extremely poor way to view a company's overall sales and more importantly success.
    When the One M8 was announced, I called Sprint the next day and I had my phone within 2 days. You couldn't buy the M8 in stores right away, you had to go through telesales.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-03-2015 11:22 AM
    I'm telling you that HTC as a company has been trending downward over the past few years. If you think the masses are running out to buy the M9 you are wrong. You can't even find an article to see how many phones the carriers overseas or in the US for that matter wanted to order. But carriers have requested millions of phone from Samsung. That in itself tells me that HTC is in trouble and carriers aren't mass ordering the M9.

“Samsung received some 20 million pre-orders for the S6 and S6 Edge — 15 million of S6 and five million of the S6 Edge from mobile carriers, worldwide. This is the record,” a top executive at major European carrier told The Korea Times.

However, there is a huge twist when comparing the way Samsung and Apple count pre-orders. Samsung’s unofficial numbers are orders placed by mobile operators interested in purchasing the handset, while Apple’s reported pre-orders represent the number of iPhone units purchased by consumers ahead of launch.

Even so, assuming the number is accurate, this might be major news for Samsung, and it could help the company recoup some of the profits its mobile division lost in recent quarters."
    04-03-2015 11:27 AM
    When the One M8 was announced, I called Sprint the next day and I had my phone within 2 days. You couldn't buy the M8 in stores right away, you had to go through telesales.
    Verizon had the HTC One M8 in stores on Day 1.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    04-03-2015 12:05 PM
    Surprisingly few photos in the "post sample photos" thread. I'm really on the fence here, currently leaning towards keeping my m7... Your real world photos would surely help me get off the fence!

msm0511 likes this.
    04-03-2015 12:08 PM
    Im not a moderator by any means..but maybe arguments should stop and get back to the topic of posting images?
    04-03-2015 12:09 PM
403 123 ...