I'm confused. (Nothing new there.)

I've been backing up my HTC One phone (both M8 and M9) using the regular Backup & Restore setting.

I'm set to backup using my HTC Account, and it backs up using my Google Drive storage service.

So, my understanding is that the HTC Account is basically the "format" of the backup, and it stores all the info on my Google Drive.

My question is -- where can I manage those backups?

When I go to restore, there are several previous backups there, stored somewhere on Google Drive, it would seem. These all contain personal information.

Where can I manage and delete these old backups? There seems to be no way of managing or erasing the old backups.

Thanks

~ HTC Boy
    04-02-2015 02:17 PM
    I'm confused. (Nothing new there.)

I've been backing up my HTC One phone (both M8 and M9) using the regular Backup & Restore setting.

I'm set to backup using my HTC Account, and it backs up using my Google Drive storage service.

So, my understanding is that the HTC Account is basically the "format" of the backup, and it stores all the info on my Google Drive.

My question is -- where can I manage those backups?

When I go to restore, there are several previous backups there, stored somewhere on Google Drive, it would seem. These all contain personal information.

Where can I manage and delete these old backups? There seems to be no way of managing or erasing the old backups.

Thanks

~ HTC Boy
    I suggest using Gcloud to back stuff up. I relied upon HTC to backup/restore and it doesn't do a great job when it works. It allows you to manage your files like contacts, photos, text, files/documents, calendar events, etc...
    04-02-2015 06:49 PM
    I suggest using Gcloud to back stuff up. I relied upon HTC to backup/restore and it doesn't do a great job when it works.
    That must have been a terrible experience. Mine has always worked well. Flashing roms was great because the setup was done for me!!! I couldn't live without it now.

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook!
    04-02-2015 06:51 PM

Yours may be different but, my developer edition M8 always performs an update everyday through my HTC backup-restore songs. So it only holds one back up at a time and it is always up to date.

04-02-2015 06:54 PM
    That must have been a terrible experience. Mine has always worked well. Flashing roms was great because the setup was done for me!!! I couldn't live without it now.

I ran into the problem once with the M7. So I switched over to Gcloud and haven't turned back.
    04-02-2015 07:06 PM