Facebook for HTC Sense - Push Notifications not working.

anon9396838

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It seems that my push notifications for Sense's Facebook app aren't working. I understand that push notifications for Facebook have been an issue for a long time, but I don't know if the way to fix it (if there is one!) is different for what is technically a different version of the app.

I used to have an iPhone and having now switched to Android, I'm not quite as familiar with the interface and settings, so I need a little help. I've setup the phone and have sync'd Facebook with the phone in Accounts&Sync (apart from photos and contacts- still deciding). I've accepted the request for HTC Sense to access Facebook and that didn't seem to be an issue as is has been with some people.

I've been onto the Facebook app settings and notifications for everything are switched on. However, it is only when I go into the app itself that I am shown my notifications! Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

I've also noticed that when I go into the Facebook app settings and select a notification ringtone, the writing underneath doesn't change to the name of the sound I've chosen - as it does with the rest of the phone - not sure if this is normal or part of the issue either?

Many Thanks

Mamfa

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It seems that my push notifications for Sense's Facebook app aren't working. I understand that push notifications for Facebook have been an issue for a long time, but I don't know if the way to fix it (if there is one!) is different for what is technically a different version of the app.

I used to have an iPhone and having now switched to Android, I'm not quite as familiar with the interface and settings, so I need a little help. I've setup the phone and have sync'd Facebook with the phone in Accounts&Sync (apart from photos and contacts- still deciding). I've accepted the request for HTC Sense to access Facebook and that didn't seem to be an issue as is has been with some people.

I've been onto the Facebook app settings and notifications for everything are switched on. However, it is only when I go into the app itself that I am shown my notifications! Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

I've also noticed that when I go into the Facebook app settings and select a notification ringtone, the writing underneath doesn't change to the name of the sound I've chosen - as it does with the rest of the phone - not sure if this is normal or part of the issue either?

Many Thanks

Mamfa

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with Facebook?

anon9396838

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

The problem was basically just my own stupidity and unfamiliarity with Android and the Sense version of Facebook.

Having previously been an iPhone user, I was used to getting push notifications for everything on Facebook (wall posts, comments, tags, requests, likes - the lot). So all I saw was that all the notification boxes were ticked and expected the same level of notification.

Now, having looked properly at what the Sense version of Facebook notifies the user for, I have realised that I am indeed being notified properly for those few options, and that any other small notifications will only show up once the app is opened. I think I was also expecting a count badge, which I have now found out is not so much of a thing on Android.

Can't complain really, there were so many other things I couldn't do on my iPhone that I can now do on my shiny new HTC - a few little notifications aren't going to be missed!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

The problem was basically just my own stupidity and unfamiliarity with Android and the Sense version of Facebook.

Having previously been an iPhone user, I was used to getting push notifications for everything on Facebook (wall posts, comments, tags, requests, likes - the lot). So all I saw was that all the notification boxes were ticked and expected the same level of notification.

Now, having looked properly at what the Sense version of Facebook notifies the user for, I have realised that I am indeed being notified properly for those few options, and that any other small notifications will only show up once the app is opened. I think I was also expecting a count badge, which I have now found out is not so much of a thing on Android.

Can't complain really, there were so many other things I couldn't do on my iPhone that I can now do on my shiny new HTC - a few little notifications aren't going to be missed!

Some people hate them, but I've always loved iOS notification badges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12