04-15-2015 01:41 PM
31 12
tools
    04-09-2015 05:32 PM
    This should be awesome news for HTC. It's too bad it took this long.
    04-09-2015 05:48 PM
    I hope this comes to Europe too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 05:51 PM
    Great news for M9 owners. It's too bad that HTC had to get kicked in the wallet before they addressed it but in the end the consumer wins. Congrats M9 owners.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:02 PM
    Great news for M9 owners. It's too bad that HTC had to get kicked in the wallet before they addressed it but in the end the consumer wins. Congrats M9 owners.
    We don't know if this update changes anything. Let's wait and see. In the meantime the camera settings mentioned on the XDA forum work great.

04-09-2015 06:11 PM
    What wallet? The phone isn't even available for me to even test out yet. Most people who have it

04-09-2015 06:39 PM
    OK, I tracked this down. Here's the deal:

This is an update to some U.S. models that bring them in line with the global software. In other words, it's what I had when I took pictures for our review. (Note the "About this review" section.) This update folks are writing about today isn't some magical fix for the camera that we didn't previously have. Period.

That said, if you get it and the camera is great for you, great! Enjoy!
    SharkyNY likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:54 PM
    What wallet? The phone isn't even available for me to even test out yet. Most people who have it

You would be crazy if you think that the camera reviews haven't cost HTC sales. Heck it was my next phone until the reviews rolled out.
    verks likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:57 PM
    This should be awesome news for HTC. It's too bad it took this long.
    Wait, what? Pre-orders have shipped, but the in-store launch date is tomorrow. How is it "this long"?
    04-09-2015 07:03 PM
    You would be crazy if you think that the camera reviews haven't cost HTC sales. Heck it was my next phone until the reviews rolled out.
    Yep, they definitely cost them sales, but I'd bet the amount of sales they lost are far more insignificant than you think.
    04-09-2015 07:07 PM
    I couldn't finish what I was writing but my point was there are no sales in my county yet because it hasn't even been released yet. Most of the sales so far have been pre-orders from diehards. The general population won't be cognizant of it until it is available on all the carriers in store. So yes, they've lost some message board guy sales but no the average Joe yet. I still have to wait until the 17th of April to even buy it or look at it. By then the camera could be "fixed" and the average Joe who isn't message board tech guy will be none the wiser.
    04-09-2015 07:10 PM
    Yep, they definitely cost them sales, but I'd bet the amount of sales they lost are far more insignificant than you think.
    I don't know how much but I do know that HTC is walking a fine line. HTC is a quality company. They care much more than a company like Samsung but the consumer is buying the product, not the company. I need a great camera in my phone so I went with the S6 but I planned on the HTC 9 until the reviews came out.
    04-09-2015 07:13 PM
    I've never owned an HTC, I'm up on my S4 and Nexus 4. I'm slightly more advanced than your average Joe but far behind a lot of guys on site like this one. I rely on your feedback and do my best to make the best decision possible based off the information available. At least in my case, these reviews concerning the camera cost HTC a sale, and unfortunately I'm sure I'm not alone. Now can they improve it through updates? Of course they can. But you only get 1 chance at launching a product and HTC blew it. The damage is already done.

04-09-2015 08:28 PM
    04-09-2015 08:33 PM
    Repeat: This is the same update we got before we reviewed the M9, and it's now being applied to the U.S. models. It's not some magical new update.

U.S. versions of the HTC One M9 getting software update to match global models | Android Central
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    04-09-2015 08:38 PM
    It may not be "some new magical update", but some reviewers are saying it's a "huge improvement". If this one doesn't fix it, then I'm sure they'll have another. I refuse to believe the phone and camera are garbage. I'll take Adam's side any day.
    The Lumia 930 has the EXACT same sensor as the M9.
    Lumia 930 camera compared to the HTC One M9 (pictures) - WMPoweruser
    Therefore, it is a software issue, not a hardware issue. It can and will be fixed.
    Adam_ation likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:22 PM
    It may not be "some new magical update", but some reviewers are saying it's a "huge improvement". If this one doesn't fix it, then I'm sure they'll have another.
    There absolutely was an improvement, which is why I didn't use pictures from that earlier software in our review and instead only used pictures taken after the update to the release version, which is what the U.S. phones are getting now. This isn't some "new" update. It's just new to the U.S.

FWIW, the unlocked model I bought got this same update out of the box on Tuesday. I checked with HTC about it at the time and again confirmed that it was just to bring things all in line with the same release version.
    04-09-2015 09:32 PM
    There absolutely was an improvement, which is why I didn't use pictures from that earlier software in our review and instead only used pictures taken after the update to the release version, which is what the U.S. phones are getting now. This isn't some "new" update. It's just new to the U.S.

FWIW, the unlocked model I bought got this same update out of the box on Tuesday. I checked with HTC about it at the time and again confirmed that it was just to bring things all in line with the same release version.
    Mine also had a software update "out of the box" bringing it to version 1.32,502.9. We both got the same update I'm sure. The major camera update won't even be released by my carrier for another week. If next week's update is the one you think, then what was my "out of the box" update?
    04-09-2015 09:55 PM
    LOL, HTC/Lumia don't use the same MP camera and the phones aren't built the same are they? Just because you put the engine of a charger in a pinto doesn't mean you will see the same results.
    Very true
    04-09-2015 10:11 PM
    Mine also had a software update "out of the box" bringing it to version 1.32,502.9. We both got the same update I'm sure. The major camera update won't even be released by my carrier for another week. If next week's update is the one you think, then what was my "out of the box" update?
    Mine is on 1.32.617.30. Not sure what the difference is though.
    04-09-2015 10:18 PM
    We don't know if this update changes anything. Let's wait and see. In the meantime the camera settings mentioned on the XDA forum work great.

Actually I think we do know. That article has an update where they have retaken the photos that they took before the update and the conclusion is clear.
    04-09-2015 10:57 PM
    I don't understand the comments above about this being a US update that brings it in line with the international versions. My current Sprint variant has version 1.32.651.17 installed. The version noted in this thread is less than that and clearly they would not regress the firmware. I don't understand.
    04-09-2015 11:03 PM
    I believe the pertinent numbers are the last two. The others vary, depending on country, carrier, etc.
    04-10-2015 10:22 AM
    Anyone has the T-Mobile version and did get the update? Got mine today from the store and don't see any updates for the device.
    04-10-2015 05:45 PM
    Anyone has the T-Mobile version and did get the update? Got mine today from the store and don't see any updates for the device.
    AT&T and T-mobile both are in final carrier testing.
    Will take a week or so from this thread starting to receive it.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-10-2015 06:11 PM
31 12