Few Things I Don't Like. Possible Fixes?

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I started out with an HTC Rezound which I loved because it was so easy to personalize and allowed a lot of options. Anyway, there are somethings with the M9 that I can't seem to get to my liking. Perhaps they are just a setting that I can't find.

The 2 biggest are:
1. (SOLVED; having glove mode on causes it) The white dot that follows my finger on the screen. I went into developer options and turned off "show touches" but nothing happened.
2. (SOLVED) The notification bar doesn't scroll all the way down with one swipe. One swipe shows notifications, a second swipe extends it to show settings (such as turn on Wifi, etc). Anyway to have the settings come down on the initial swipe?

Others:
1. Navmii USA app will not let me choose a destination. Anyone else use this app successfully on the M9?
2. When scrolling through the gallery, older pictures are to the right. Anyway to make them to the left like on every other phone I've had?
3. The "menu" button brings up recent apps. Can I set it so that a quick tap brings up an app's menu and a long press brings up recent apps?
4. (SOLVED: found it under flair) Anywhere in the photo editor to draw on a photo or add text. I use that quite often and would be upset if I could no longer do it on the M9.

I think that's all for now. Any help would be appreciated. I transferred all apps and app data using Helium and ES File Explorer. Everything works perfectly except for Navmii which I tried downloading again from the Play Store and that didn't work either.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I started out with an HTC Rezound which I loved because it was so easy to personalize and allowed a lot of options. Anyway, there are somethings with the M9 that I can't seem to get to my liking. Perhaps they are just a setting that I can't find.

The 2 biggest are:
1. The white dot that follows my finger on the screen. I went into developer options and turned off "show touches" but nothing happened.
2. The notification bar doesn't scroll all the way down with one swipe. One swipe shows notifications, a second swipe extends it to show settings (such as turn on Wifi, etc). Anyway to have the settings come down on the initial swipe?

Others:
1. Navmii USA app will not open. Anyone else use this app successfully on the M9?
2. When scrolling through the gallery, older pictures are to the right. Anyway to make them to the left like on every other phone I've had?
3. The "menu" button brings up recent apps. Can I set it so that a quick tap brings up an app's menu and a long press brings up recent apps?

I think that's all for now. Any help would be appreciated. I transferred all apps and app data using Helium and ES File Explorer. Everything works perfectly except for Navmii which I tried downloading again from the Play Store and that didn't work either.

If you use 2 fingers the notification bar will swipe down with one swipe. I just added a notification button along the onscreen buttons. That way with 2 taps it brings the settings panel down without swiping at all.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Any other advice for my other 4 issues? Thanks.

1.I've never used the Navmii app. If it's free, I'll try it out to see if I can help.
2.I couldn't find anything with the Gallery to change the settings from older to newer.
3.I'm not sure what you mean by a short tap to bring up an app's menu. If you're talking about the onscreen button with back and home, that's a recent apps folder. I think at one point on Android it was a more of a traditional menu button though.

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
1.I've never used the Navmii app. If it's free, I'll try it out to see if I can help.
2.I couldn't find anything with the Gallery to change the settings from older to newer.
3.I'm not sure what you mean by a short tap to bring up an app's menu. If you're talking about the onscreen button with back and home, that's a recent apps folder. I think at one point on Android it was a more of a traditional menu button though.

1. Thank you
2. Thanks for looking.
3. Yes, it used to be that tapping it was a menu button and holding it was a recent apps button.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
1. Thank you
2. Thanks for looking.
3. Yes, it used to be that tapping it was a menu button and holding it was a recent apps button.

Sure thing. As far as the menu/recent apps thing. I thing that's just a system thing that changed in Android. I'm not sure, but there my be an APK file to get it back somewhere.