Best Place to Buy the M9 post initial launch? Best price/ free accessories/ etc?

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
M7 Sprint owner here looking at potentially upgrading (renewing 2 years with Sprint even though their service in Milwaukee stinks) and I stopped in to Best Buy last night to compare the HTC M9 and the Galaxy S6 and Edge.

COULD NOT BELIEVE the size of the Samsung display versus the HTC at this Best Buy. Not a single live HTC M9 display unit for me to look at compared to what had to be close to 20 live samsung phones/tablets.

Im wondering where the best place to buy an M9 would be? Best Buy did have a free 32GB mini SD card with purchase. My brother (on my Sprint family plan) just bought the Edge from best buy and got the free wireless charger.

When was there a price drop after initial release from the $199 on the M7 and M8, anyone remember? My M7 is functioning fine still (my wifes M7 has seen better days however) so not in a real hurry I guess.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I would try the carrier stores. You might notice the same scenario where the Samsung and Apple display areas dwarf the HTC area by a large amount. Even when I went to get my M9 from AT&T, the M9 wasn't even powered on not to mention that the HTC area was all the way on the far side of the store back in a corner.

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I would try the carrier stores. You might notice the same scenario where the Samsung and Apple display areas dwarf the HTC area by a large amount. Even when I went to get my M9 from AT&T, the M9 wasn't even powered on not to mention that the HTC area was all the way on the far side of the store back in a corner.

Posted via the Android Central App

I kind of expected it to be that way when I went' to my local AT&T to see what overpriced cases they had. All they had was an Otterbox Defender btw. But to my surprise they had a table in the middle of the store with 4 M9's on display. 2 connected to some external speakers, and 2 just the devices. I forgot to look for their S6 and Edge displays. At the store here they've actually moved the Apple display to the back of the store.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Darn, so no where to get a free wireless charger or case or anything?

Posted via Android Central App

The M9 doesn't support wireless charging. I haven't seen any with a free case yet. Sometimes you can find deals on Amazon that'll come with free MicroSD cards, but usually after phones have been released for a while.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
D'oh! That's right, I meant quick charge wall plug (as I hear it comes with the standard HTC wall plug)? Thanks. I'll be wiping my M7 tonight to see if it improves battery life and performance. If not, M9 it is, probably from Best Buy for the free 32 GB mini SD.