Just got a bunch of HTC app updates

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got done updating 12 HTC apps. HTC Sense Home and HTC Service Pack are the two most notable but others included HTC calendar, HTC clock, HTC connect and HTC Sense Input. In addition the ANT+ controller app and Android System Web View are two other non HTC apps that updated.

Wonder if these are fixes by HTC aimed at some of the battery issues and other performance issues that we've been seeing.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got done updating 12 HTC apps. HTC Sense Home and HTC Service Pack are the two most notable but others included HTC calendar, HTC clock, HTC connect and HTC Sense Input. In addition the ANT+ controller app and Android System Web View are two other non HTC apps that updated.

Wonder if these are fixes by HTC aimed at some of the battery issues and other performance issues that we've been seeing.

I got most of those updates weeks and even months ago and that is on my M7. They aren't that new actually. Check out the releases here.

Latest Uploads - APKMirror

Unless yours are newer?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope. The updates are the same versions as in the link you provided.
Was hopeful they were aimed at improving battery life and performance on the M9 but they sound more like general updates.

Well much like reruns on tv. Even you haven't seen it. It's new to you. The service pack especially should provide some performance and battery improvements. At least I notice it. You should clear the cache now and do a battery cycle and see if you notice anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I actually installed the new camera app and the software is much improved. Even on my old device. It's so odd that HTC can make great camera software but the actual camera itself can still be so mediocre. I didn't see the HTC Camera app on your list so maybe you should try it as well as HTC Mail which is also an improvement over the previous version.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually installed the new camera app and the software is much improved. Even on my old device. It's so odd that HTC can make great camera software but the actual camera itself can still be so mediocre. I didn't see the HTC Camera app on your list so maybe you should try it as well as HTC Mail which is also an improvement over the previous version.

My camera has not yet installed to the latest version and Play Store is not giving me the option to update. My camera software is 6.70.858966.

The HTC Mail app is not showing at all in the Play Store and I'm not sure how to see the version number directly from my phone.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
My camera has not yet installed to the latest version and Play Store is not giving me the option to update. My camera software is 6.70.858966.

The HTC Mail app is not showing at all in the Play Store and I'm not sure how to see the version number directly from my phone.

Wait? Naw. I just go to that link I have in my first post and install it from there. You just have to have UnKnown Sources checked on.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Wait? Naw. I just go to that link I have in my first post and install it from there. You just have to have UnKnown Sources checked on.

Yeah I can do it that way. Just becomes a pain because I have to deactivate my company's exchange account to allow unknown source downloads and then add it back afterwards. Makes downloads from Amazon store a pain as well. They are suppose to remove that restriction in the near future though which will make my app download/update life easier.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I can do it that way. Just becomes a pain because I have to deactivate my company's exchange account to allow unknown source downloads and then add it back afterwards. Makes downloads from Amazon store a pain as well. They are suppose to remove that restriction in the near future though which will make my app download/update life easier.

I would just do that. I am curious to find out if it improves the HTC M9 camera other than the software UI. ie. autofocus.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would just do that. I am curious to find out if it improves the HTC M9 camera other than the software UI. ie. autofocus.

I'll have to wait till I leave the office. I manage my email and calendar from phone while at work as I don't take my laptop to all my meetings. I'll give an update later on about my thoughts.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I got these updates ten days ago and after that battery life did improve. I am using a German device, unbranded.

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you clear your cache afterwards, do a regular restart or just let it without doing anything special?

I see quite a bit about people saying to clear cache if having various problems. Is there a way to clear the cache completely in one go without having to go to each app separately to do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol