With all carriers except Wind Mobile expected to have the device starting Friday April 17th, who is going to be picking one up this weekend?

Rogers has been very lackluster with information, the phone never hit the reservation system and still isn't shown on the website as "coming soon" unlike the other big two carriers.

I'll be popping into my local shop tomorrow and seeing if they have any available. Hopefully I'll have it before the weekend is done!

Posted via Android Central App
    04-16-2015 10:29 PM
    I'm going to check it out at Telus tomorrow. They seem to be the only carrier that'll have both colours.

04-17-2015 12:52 AM
    The Telus I went to didn't have the silver/gold variant. They said about a weeks time they'll get one to put on display. They did have the dark grey version on display, it's a shade darker than my M8. Think I'll wait to see the silver/gold before I pull the trigger

04-17-2015 10:14 PM
    I went to my local Rogers, no stock. Got them to call nearest locations, also no stock. Not much of a Canadian launch happening. Lol.

04-17-2015 10:56 PM
    I went to two telus stores. One didn't have any units at all and the other one only had the grey model. Disappointing. I really want the gold on silver so I just ordered online through the telus site. No idea when it will ship.. I'll return it if I don't like it (30 day return policy). Free shipping
    04-19-2015 05:51 PM
    I'm on Fido, no news. Yet that they are getting it. According to customer service there is nothing in the system that it is coming - I suspect it won't show up until after Rogers finishes with it

Although the lack of presence on the Rogers website gives me hope.

I'm on a Q10 that's dying and i'm up for renewal. Having a tough time decide whether to bite the bullet and just get an s5 (s6 does not interest me) or hold out hoping the m9 does come...
    04-20-2015 01:04 AM
    Rogers certainly does not seem to be advertising you can even buy the phone...kinda disappointing to be honest.

I am on a business plan so have a message into our Rogers rep to see if they have them yet.
    04-20-2015 08:14 AM
    The Telus I went to didn't have the silver/gold variant. They said about a weeks time they'll get one to put on display. They did have the dark grey version on display, it's a shade darker than my M8. Think I'll wait to see the silver/gold before I pull the trigger

I must have been one of the first Canadians to buy the phone. I was in the Telus store at 10:30am on Friday. Just joking. Anyway, I don't know which part of Canada you are from but in the GTA they have them on display at the Erin Mills Town Centre location. They have stock of the Silver and the dark grey. I initially bought the silver and now have the dark grey today. Also, there was an update to the software to fix the camera that I noticed this morning when I picked up the new one. I am going to test out both and spend a few more days with the dark grey version to collect my thoughts on the device.
    04-20-2015 12:31 PM
    Is it possible to buy the phone unlocked from HTC themselves if you're in Canada?

04-20-2015 02:52 PM
    Is it possible to buy the phone unlocked from HTC themselves if you're in Canada?

No. Only Expansys.ca and they are pricy. Ebay.ca as well but Expansys more reputable.
    04-20-2015 03:41 PM
    ... Also, there was an update to the software to fix the camera that I noticed this morning when I picked up the new one. I am going to test out both and spend a few more days with the dark grey version to collect my thoughts on the device.
    Let us know how it goes and if the update made a difference. I live in downtown Toronto, so hopefully they get the silver/gold variant on display soon. I compared the M9 camera with my M8, and was disappointed with the saturation on the M9, hopefully the update fixes that.

And you weren't lying about Expansys... goddamn, pricey is not the word!! why can't HTC offer their phones unlocked in Canada just like in the states
    04-21-2015 11:34 AM