12-07-2015 03:25 PM
109 1234 ...
tools
    I'm currently using both, both seem like they're full of annoying little bugs, I'm blaming lollipop and not enough testing.

But if the two options for my personal use, the s6 wins in every category.
    05-05-2015 12:03 AM
    I'm currently using both, both seem like they're full of annoying little bugs, I'm blaming lollipop and not enough testing.

But if the two options for my personal use, the s6 wins in every category.
    The S6 wins in EVERY category? Ummmm ok.
    05-05-2015 07:00 AM
    The S6 wins in EVERY category? Ummmm ok.
    For my personal use, the s6 wins in every category, it's not even close.
    05-05-2015 08:22 AM
    I really like both. Camera is really important to me with a 2.5 year old, crazy little girl running around my house and a 12 year old that's involved in everything. That's really the only thing stopping me from getting the M9. I worry about this battery issue on the S6. I know it may be a Google thing, but still doesn't seem as prevalent with the M9.
    I had a T-Mobile M9 for about a week and can confirm that the camera is the weak point on the M9. Other than the poor rear facing camera, hardware and software wise I enjoyed using the M9. I have a one month old baby boy so the camera was my number one priority with everything else considered afterward. I'm getting alright battery life (3-4 SOT) with the S6 Edge after disabling all the AT&T bloatware and changing the launcher to the Google experience. Also I have a Tylt wireless charger so that helps in topping up easily if I know I'm going to need some extra juice. I've heard Lollipop 5.1 helps considerably with S6 and S6 Edge battery life and stability. Hopefully the upgrade comes sooner rather than later if that's the case. ;-)
    Alex_Hong and Speedygi like this.
    05-05-2015 08:54 AM
    Personally, i've gotten a better overall experience out of my S6. I was one of the people who had the "cell standby drain" issue, but after disabling two settings, my battery life has been great and much better than the M9. There are those who haven't had to touch their phones at all and have been getting 5+ hours of SoT. So I think the battery ceiling for this phone is pretty high after fixes. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with the phone. The only thing I really prefer on my M9 are the speakers, but I rarely use those since i'm at work most of the day.
    What two settings are you referring to that you changed for improved battery life on the S6? I'd like to know so I can try it out. Thanks
    05-05-2015 09:02 AM
    My S6 has been returned. I actually bought a Nexus because I just can't stay away from stock Android. But the M9 is next on my hit list. I'm waiting for just a LITTLE more improvement in the camera.
    Which Nexus did you go with? I've got a AT&T Nexus 6, Blue 32GB with a black matte d-brand skin on the back and it's been stripped of all carrier junk and is running Chroma 5.1 rom from xda. I love the phone just needed something with a better camera and the size is pretty big for my active job. For those two reasons I went with the S6 Edge and am happy overall with the switch. Trying to decide what to do with my Nexus 6 now. I applied for the Project Fi from Google so I'm holding onto the Nexus for a while just in case I get an invite to try that out. :-)
    05-05-2015 09:08 AM
    For my personal use, the s6 wins in every category, it's not even close.
    Ok. So your are being subjective not objective like Alex. Gotcha.
    05-05-2015 10:21 AM
    Ok. So your are being subjective not objective like Alex. Gotcha.
    No, objectively speaking the s6 performs better for my usage patterns . Nothing subjective about it, I use them both daily. For me the s6 clearly is the better option, I don't plan to have either once the g4 comes out (assuming it's a step up from the g3,which imho was the best android I've ever had).
    05-05-2015 10:29 AM
    No, objectively speaking the s6 performs better for my usage patterns . Nothing subjective about it, I use them both daily. For me the s6 clearly is the better option, I don't plan to have either once the g4 comes out (assuming it's a step up from the g3,which imho was the best android I've ever had).
    Ok. Sure.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:40 AM
    It is pretty awesome when competition has given us so many great options, S6, M9, LG G4, etc. I agree with everyone. Pick what works best for you. It's hard to go wrong. Yeah, even if that means that fruit phone.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    05-06-2015 10:54 AM
    I switched from the S6 to the M9. It seems something was always draining the battery on the S6, I even exchanged unit and it didn't help. If it wasn't the cell standby, it was Google player services or something else. I was averaging about 2-2.5 hours of SOT with my S6 and 9 hours off the charger before it was dead. I just got the M9 so I can't tell you how much better the battery life is yet, but it seems to be doing much better. I really do miss the camera on the S6
    05-06-2015 11:39 AM
    I switched from the S6 to the M9. It seems something was always draining the battery on the S6, I even exchanged unit and it didn't help. If it wasn't the cell standby, it was Google player services or something else. I was averaging about 2-2.5 hours of SOT with my S6 and 9 hours off the charger before it was dead. I just got the M9 so I can't tell you how much better the battery life is yet, but it seems to be doing much better. I really do miss the camera on the S6
    What do you think now that it has been a few days with the M9?
    05-10-2015 11:36 PM
    Battery life is generally getting me 4-5 SOT so I'm happy for the most part. The M9 switches between apps way faster than the S6 because of the S6 memory bug and I like Sense. I only have 2 complaints about the phone. 1) Rear camera in low light shots. HTC camera gives you the option to save presets for a custom camera, so I have it where the camera turns out great shots in the day. There really isn't a fix for low light since there isn't any OIS. 2) It heats up under long periods of heavy game play. Its not hot enough to where I can't touch the phone, but its just enough to make my hand a little sweaty. I don't have a case on it (I like to go naked) but I think it would solve that problem.

TL;DR version: I like it better than my S6. I get twice the SOT, like Sense but wish it had the S6's camera.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    05-11-2015 11:01 AM
    Battery life is generally getting me 4-5 SOT so I'm happy for the most part. The M9 switches between apps way faster than the S6 because of the S6 memory bug and I like Sense. I only have 2 complaints about the phone. 1) Rear camera in low light shots. HTC camera gives you the option to save presets for a custom camera, so I have it where the camera turns out great shots in the day. There really isn't a fix for low light since there isn't any OIS. 2) It heats up under long periods of heavy game play. Its not hot enough to where I can't touch the phone, but its just enough to make my hand a little sweaty. I don't have a case on it (I like to go naked) but I think it would solve that problem.

TL;DR version: I like it better than my S6. I get twice the SOT, like Sense but wish it had the S6's camera.
    Camera is honestly my only worry about it. I've since gone back to a Nexus 6. This camera is good enough for me, so I wonder how the M9 camera compares to it? The S6 is beautiful, but it really lags behind in a lot of areas.

Thanks for your reply!
    05-11-2015 11:03 AM
    I've had both since launch day. Honestly, the only thing I like better about the S6 is the camera. The M9 has a better look and feel, sense is much faster, speakers are much better obviously, sound quality is better and I've never had a single dropped call with the M9. The M9 can get a little warm, but not an issue for me. So yes, I like both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    05-12-2015 08:53 AM
    Compared to my ex-M8 what I liked on S6 more:
    -Superb wifi signal (I can get wifi in places I never had with M8)
    -Camera of course is amazing, perhaps as good as a canon pocket camera in all situations.
    -Screen is amazing even under sunlight, thought you get the infamous rainbow reflections if you tilt the phone.
    -Included Quick charger, charging from 30% to 100% in an hour.

Though I miss the superb HTC software, I am not talking Sense (it's ported on S6) but some small but important things like BT autoconnect that is lacking on S6.
    Stereo speakers of M9 if like M8 should be heard even in crowded places, S6 is loud and good but in some situations you won't hear videos.
    M9 has of course the big advantage of SD slot while my S6 is limited to its 32gb.
    So is it worth returning to HTC with the M9 or I will regret losing money?
    As for camera I am mostly a daylight shooter, I take photos of my nephew and niece indoor though so dunno how crappy will be the M9.
    Another thing is that I have astigmatism, the s6's screen even at only 40% brightness is readable with small text while I had to put 100% on M8, I hope HTC increased sharpness and/or contrast for text.
    05-12-2015 09:09 AM
    HTC M9 RAW + Photoshop Express = An unstoppable force, some shots literally blow me away - Adam
    05-12-2015 12:49 PM
    HTC M9 RAW + Photoshop Express = An unstoppable force, some shots literally blow me away - Adam
    How much does Photoshop Express cost?
    05-12-2015 12:52 PM
    $Nada.00
    05-12-2015 01:54 PM
    I agree. Photoshop Express is pretty powerful. I've made some nice shots amazing and I've made some poor shots look really nice. I also use Aviary, which allows me to add some cool effects to the pics.

I really can't tell which one I like better. I guess they both have their advantages and uses.
    05-12-2015 02:22 PM

I agree. Photoshop Express is pretty powerful. I've made some nice shots amazing and I've made some poor shots look really nice. I also use Aviary, which allows me to add some cool effects to the pics.

I really can't tell which one I like better. I guess they both have their advantages and uses.
    05-12-2015 02:23 PM
    Is there any S6 vs m9 raw camera comparison?
    05-12-2015 08:55 PM
    Is there any S6 vs m9 raw camera comparison?
    I don't have an S6, but here is what shooting RAW can get you:

.jpg saved by the phone

.dng converted to .jpg from a photo editing program with no adjustments made. I believe the .jpg saved by the phone undergoes processing where as this photo did not.

.dng auto enhanced and converted to .jpg

.dng enhanced by me and converted to .jpg

enhanced by Photoshop Express (appears to enhance the .jpg and not the .dng)
    05-12-2015 09:04 PM
    It looks like the M9 camera main problem is the huge amount of noise it has in any situations even in total daylight, the RAW photos are a hell of noise and the Auto mode of M9 is bad because of the high denoise it has to apply, you have to use a genius denoise system to keep details without too much noise. I think I am not so convinced to swap my S6 to M9 now
    I heard the M9 get lot warmer and it's a ''downgrade'' coming from S6 in terms of speed (games)
    05-13-2015 05:08 AM
    It looks like the M9 camera main problem is the huge amount of noise it has in any situations even in total daylight, the RAW photos are a hell of noise and the Auto mode of M9 is bad because of the high denoise it has to apply, you have to use a genius denoise system to keep details without too much noise. I think I am not so convinced to swap my S6 to M9 now
    I heard the M9 get lot warmer and it's a ''downgrade'' coming from S6 in terms of speed (games)
    Considering you just got your S6 and are happy with it, you shouldn't even be considering a switch. Personally, I find Touchwiz inferior and laggy compared to Sense. I also hear that the S6 has poor battery life. The ability to expand storage is convenient. After my experience with the Nexus 4, I will never get a phone with a glass back ever again.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    05-13-2015 08:42 AM
109 1234 ...