HTC disabled Smart Lock On Body

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
HTC support informed me that the new On Body feature of Smart Lock has been disabled in the current version of Sense 7. Is that everyone's experience who has an M9?

I have no idea why they would disable such a useful feature, especially as it seemed to work well on my M7 with Lollipop, during the brief time I had it before I upgraded. We should petition HTC to bring this back!

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You have an HTC One M9 and you see an option for "On Body" in Smart Lock settings?

Android Central has an article you can read about this. Just Google "Smart Lock On Body". I would post a link but AC won't let me.

BA_100

May 12, 2015
Visit site
My On Body Smart Lock works as specified. As long as the phone is in my pocket and I am "somewhat active" the phone does not lock itself. If I place it on my desk then it locks as soon as the security timer expires.

hgmichna

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
HTC support informed me that the new On Body feature of Smart Lock has been disabled in the current version of Sense 7. Is that everyone's experience who has an M9?

I have no idea why they would disable such a useful feature, especially as it seemed to work well on my M7 with Lollipop, during the brief time I had it before I upgraded. We should petition HTC to bring this back!

I bet they disabled it because it does not work reliably.

I don't have an HTC phone any more, but when I put my phone, a OnePlus One, on my desk at work, it sometimes does not lock.

I only have enabled on-body and location (home).

This is a fairly big security issue, in my view. If a phone maker delivers a security function which fails, clients may inadvertently give important data to intruders and could create very bad publicity, if not lawsuits. The least the customers could do is return the phone for a full refund at any time because it malfunctions in a very bad way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22