Does priority notification not work for everyone.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I set priority only to 4 apps, phone, hangouts, messenger (the google texting app), and gmail. Yet i'm still receiving notifications from things like snapchat, facebook messenger, facebook itself etc.etc. Seems like priority settings arent working on htc sense or is it just me... Very annoying when trying to study for midterms and i have my phone pinging off every second. Cant leave it on silent either because i rarely text and if i get a text message i know its an important one.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not sense, priority notifications aren't respected by apps like Facebook messenger and few others. Happens same on my N6 and S6, read somewhere that devs have to change the apps for it to work. May be not everyone has followed the update lollipop design guidelines.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I setup my priority notifications the same way i am now with my nexus 5 when it first had lollipop. Don't remember having any problems back then

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Priority settings are working just dandy for me.

In fact I even get a personal phone call from Cher Wang herself to make sure I received my update notification ok. If I don't want to receive any specific notifications I just tell her and she makes a note of it.

Unfotunately, phones do make noises, that is what they are for. And if I don't want to use a device which makes a sound, I just use my DSLR - Adam
I've never had someone want to be me so much - Adam