How do I stop my phone from ringing if the caller is not in my address book?

BBBgoblue

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
how do I stop my phone from ringing if the caller is not in my address book?

I recently converted to android from BB. I liked the BB phone I had for the last 6 years and have a mjor learning curve on my new HTC One M9 through verizon.

I would like to make my phone not ring, so, ignore incoming calls from numbers that are not in my address book. The phone can still ring and give the caller the option of leaving a message, I just don't want to hear the phone ring unless I know the caller and have added him or her to my address book. Seems like the great android operting system I have been hearing about for years while resisiting the urging of my friends to dump my BB should be able to do this?

Any thoughts anyone?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do I stop my phone from ringing if the caller is not in my address book?

Yes you can. Turn on priority mode. When you change your ringtone volume, you can click priority mode. Then click on the menu button to get to settings. There you can choose to set it so only contacts can interrupt.
uploadfromtaptalk1429658285530.jpg

Sent using my HTC One M9 via the Uncarrier

BBBgoblue

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do I stop my phone from ringing if the caller is not in my address book?

Thanks. This will work all the time? Even when my phone is idle?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. This will work all the time? Even when my phone is idle?
It will work as long as you have priority mode on.

Sent using my HTC One M9 via the Uncarrier