HTC One M9 Owners: Are You Happy?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Happy with the phone? ... Heck yeah. Happy with the camera...kinda sorta but not really.

Posted via the Android Central App

bowlman123

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Happy with look and feel of phone, not happy with camera, but I knew about this before buying and also the phone gets really hot. I've had it about a week, still undecided if I will keep it.

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Very happy. It just bothers me that my 3 year old HTC Rezound has a better camera. The M9's isn't terrible, just not brilliant.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with the phone overall but the camera does kind of suck. Lol. Not sure how HTC is still so sub par when it comes to the camera. Actually, the front facing camera is very good. Best selfies I've ever taken on any phone. The main 20 MP shooter is weak though. You can take good shots if you are patient and have the right lighting but the camera on this phone is definitely it's weak point.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. As for the camera, I've had the phone for 18 days and still haven't taken a pic. Lol. I'm sure I will be ok with it once I do start using it. Before this phone, I had a Nexus 4 and all I ever read was complaints about the camera. And before that I had the HTC Inspire, a variant of the Desire, and the same thing, tons of complaints about the camera. I guess I just don't know how to pick em. Lol. What is odd is that with most people I talk to about their phone, the camera is number one complaint about their phone, no matter what phone they have.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I was spurred to do some testing with the camera and don't find it to be that bad. Certainly not pro level pics, but neither are the ones my wife's Note 4 takes. Those are only slightly better.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely happy with mine overall. A few quibbles here and there, but I have those with every smartphone I've ever used.

Albert Delgado

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am not 100% happy. I feel like the m8 had much better battery life. Maybe its certain bugs causing the drain and hopefully either google or HTC will fix the issue. Just seems weird to me that having a bigger battery and a more efficient processor that the battery drains much faster than the m8

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
bgl321,

You filling your thanked by bucket today huh.

LOL! I thought someone might notice that :) Too often folks are not thanked for taking their time to help others. I'm working on self-improvement... saying thanks is part of that.

Last edited:

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Re the camera comments, keep in mind it is a software issue not a sensor issue which is good news. Take a look at some of hamdir posts over on XDA to see what he has been able to do with the camera, add in there is supposed to be an OTA in the next few days which will further address some issues.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re the camera comments, keep in mind it is a software issue not a sensor issue which is good news. Take a look at some of hamdir posts over on XDA to see what he has been able to do with the camera, add in there is supposed to be an OTA in the next few days which will further address some issues.

Hamdir is on version .17 not .30 that is the one most of us have in North America or the international version that AC used for their review. You are right though, I've salvaged this phone's camera so far with his help.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
By the way, after two weeks with this phone and some minor kinks that needed to be worked out. I too am happy like Pharrell with this phone.

bgl321...any time now:)

Maxx LaJoie

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Love it! Over the past 5 years I have progressed with HTC... Started with the original One with beats. Then the the One M7, followed by the One M8, and finally the One M9. I have really enjoyed each phone. They feel good in your hand, look VERY nice, operate extremely well, are very reliable, and I've never had one break down on me. I can confidently say that I'm going to be an HTC customer for as long as they keep putting out new devices.

Mind you I'm not extremely "tech savvy". I use my phone for basic needs; calls, texts, web browsing, wi-fi hotspot, music, and for fun... That being said, I've never had any major issues. So I don't know if my advice would be much help to someone who breaks down and analyzes every aspect of a phone. What I can say, is that if you're looking for a solid, sturdy, well-performing smartphone, then pick up an M9. It's also nice being a bit of an outcast.... With the majority of people having iPhones or Galaxy phones its kinda nice having something different. My friends and coworkers all love my phone and I've converted many people over. Anyhow. Hope this might help someone. If you have any questions for feel free to ask!