So I just got an HTC one m9, and it's been working fine with my 64gb as card, but a few hours ago the music player freezes and crashes whenever I try to access it, when I unmounted the sd card it works perfectly fine. Is it my card because I have to much music on or something else?

Also I'm very new to android, switched from an iPhone 5, any help is appreciated.
    05-11-2015 05:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What brand card is it? Did you buy it from a reputable store, or from a random seller on eBay? Counterfeit cards are a constant problem, and are more common if you purchase them online from sellers that aren't well-established.

To make sure the card is what it says it is, run SD Insight.

For general introductory tips, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...id-2014-a.html. It's based mostly on KitKat on Nexus devices, so it won't match your phone completely. But I'm slowly working on including more Lollipop stuff in there.
    05-11-2015 05:54 PM
    It was purchased from best buy yesterday, I've been taking music off it slowly and it's working ..just still slow. Maybe it's just due to how much music I had on it, in any case I'll check to make sure it works with the sd link you included. I'm still learning all I can do

Also it's a SanDisk 64gb sl646g and was made on March 2015
    05-11-2015 06:01 PM
    Ok, that seems like a good card. When you copied music over, did you copy it all at one time? I've seen issues before where huge amounts of data copied over to an SD card all at once leads to more chance of data error. You might try copying music over in smaller batches.
    05-11-2015 06:30 PM
    Yeah....I did big batches, so that seems like a reasonable reason why it's doing that, trial and error, thank you for the help with solving this, so far it's been running fine as soon as I deleted a lot of music from the card, guess I'll have to take some stuff off I don't listen to anymore.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-11-2015 06:44 PM
    I have my music library (7000+ recordings easily) on a 120 GB card and I experienced the same problem with the stock player crashing when playing from the card. I found this SD card access issue to be common among a few different players. I settled on the PlayerPro app because it had no play back issues from the large capacity card and a pretty decent music manager.

--
    Brian
    05-13-2015 07:00 AM