Is anyone else experiencing a "busy" compass?

BA_100

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried using Google Maps navigation in my car. The orientation of my location "blue dot" arrow was often incorrect (with correct location). When I enabled compass mode the map orientation was often incorrect and would change while I was stationary. I figured that the magnets within the dashboard speakers were interfering until I had the same problem in the middle of my yard. I've tried several compass apps and all exhibited some degree of instability and random directional shifts. I've tried to calibrate the compass using the "figure-8" maneuver with no success. The GPS seems to be very accurate. Any suggestions? Is my M9 defective?

===================
Follow-up:

The compass on the display model at the Verizon store was not functioning properly either. The magnet in the anti-theft security base offset the reading by a few degrees but its readings were steady and not drifting. At Verizon's suggestion, I contacted HTC via the website support chat tool and was instructed to boot into recovery mode and wipe the cache. That seem to have corrected the problem (what ever it was). The compass now correctly indicates direction and does not drift

--
Brian

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12