My HTC One M9 will not connect to HTC sync manager via the USB, why?

A

AC Question

My HTC one M9 will not connect to HTC sync manager via the USB ...

please help, this is my first HTC android phone and have no idea what to do? I just want to transfer some music.

BA_100

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: My HTC one M9 will not connect to HTC sync manager via the USB ...

What happens on PC when you connect the USB cable? If possible pleas provide Windows version.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
DO NOT use HTC Sync Manager. It is pure garbage. It simply doesn't work.

It's utterly humiliating that HTC didn't improve this piece of trash with the release of their new phone. But since they didn't improve the phone, I guess it makes sense they didn't improve the software.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeff H2

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I am NOT an HTC anything expert. I have had my HTC One M9 for three weeks. I connected by USB cable to my Windoz 7 PC. It auto-loaded a set of apps for the PC on the PC. When done, I had direct access to the HTC One M9 itself and separately the mini-SD card. It treated the M9 itself as a CD. It treated the mini-SD card as just that. You can copy files back and forth.
That is not the same as sync, but it does get files off the phone and onto the PC. That is what I do with photos. The same should work as an alternative for your music files.
Please use CAUTION when doing so. I lost my screenshot folder and thereby the ability to do screenshot until the Sprint phone tech reset a system subset of the Lollipop OS.

Last edited:

mlancewi

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I have a HTC ONE M7......none of these fixes work, Sync Manager will not recognize my phone no matter what I do. JUST USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, it worked immediately for me. I just syncd some new music to my phone in seconds with the media player, not sure how it works with other files but its very easy with music. It recognized my phone instantly and has a window that syas drag files her to sync to phone, pretty easy!

rachaelg33

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

I Have This Problem, Still Can't Solve It, Running Windows 10 :(

socalnanynan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Finally got an answer to the non-syncing question. HTC says will not work with Windows 10. It didn't work with Windows 8, and I was asked if I had Windows 7. What a dumb question. It is so frustrating not to be able to sync my calendar with computer/HTC and have to hand-put all entries.

Calvin Borel

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
It's simple. By the name of the album and the artist, on the right, there should be a faint cell phone icon. Just click on that to save the album to the device. You're welcome.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally got an answer to the non-syncing question. HTC says will not work with Windows 10. It didn't work with Windows 8, and I was asked if I had Windows 7. What a dumb question. It is so frustrating not to be able to sync my calendar with computer/HTC and have to hand-put all entries.
What calendar are you using? I use Google and iCloud as well as AOL. All of my calendars sync over the net. (iCloud requires an inexpensive app...thanks Apple).

Edward Suriani

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

your phone may be set to USB charging only. go to settings...developer options...select usb configuration...select MTP

amdnqv

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem but while trying to sync my HTC one M9 with my windows 10 PC. Not only HTC Sync Manager but my PC was also not detecting my device.

I am not using an original cable and I did not have to reboot/reinstall/restore to factory settings anything.

Simply go to Device Manager in your PC's control panel (simply search "Device Manager" in windows 10 or go start menu>control panel>Device Manager

Here you'll see several devices for which your PC already has installed and updated drivers and also devices which your PC doesn't recognize.

In my case, I opened the drop down next to "Other devices" and there it said "Android Phone".

Click that, then click driver and finally click "Update Driver"

That should fix it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance