Using u/bittorrent the files download no problem and are playable if i click on them in the torrent app or in the file manager, but do not show up in the music app. I tried moving them around in file manager to no avail. I switched from utorrent to bit torrent, deleting all the files and torrent app which seemed to work, i was sure all the albums were still in the music app since ive been listening to music all day but now it appears that they are not present in the app. I have restarted but am leaning towards a factory reset. Also, music i downloaded as zip files are recognized after i extract them on the phone, idk if that means anything to yall.

Thanks in advance, yall are awesome. Look forward to responses, im one of the more technologically inclined people i know and i am STUMPED...

HTC One M9
    Droid: 5.0.2
    Sense: 7
    05-18-2015 03:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the music files in mp3 format or some other format the Media Scanner will recognize? Which directory are they in? Make sure there aren't any ".nomedia" files in that directory, which would instruct the system to ignore that directory when scanning for media files to include in the music database.
    05-18-2015 11:51 AM
    Also make sure you either restart the phone or run an app like Rescan Media after downloading (and unzipping, if they're zip files). Downloading doesn't trigger a media rescan, and your music player only shows you what the media scan picked up when the phone started (or was forced to do a rescan).
    05-21-2015 06:39 PM