How to remove yelp notifications from lock screen

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I removed everything I thought would disable this feature: Removed Sense Homescreen, Disabled HTC location services. But I was still getting them until I went into settings in Blinkfeed-->Notification on lockscreen--->Uncheck Meal time bundle (Show you meal recommendations nearby)

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I removed everything I thought would disable this feature: Removed Sense Homescreen, Disabled HTC location services. But I was still getting them until I went into settings in Blinkfeed-->Notification on lockscreen--->Uncheck Meal time bundle (Show you meal recommendations nearby)

Took me a sec to find it too. The only way I found it was b/c a user in the M8 forums wanted to turn it off. I just poked around til I found it for him. It's in a weird location imo. That might be b/c I'm coming from iOS though. I don't really think the settings always make sense in Android. When I ask people that have always used Android, they say the same about iOS. Guess it's just what you're used to.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
"Notification on lockscreen" is grayed out on my phone. Which isn't a problem since I don't get Yelp adds on my lockscreen nor in Blinkfeed. But, I'm left wondering if there are any other additional settings in that menu.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..It's still showing up in my blinkfeed though. This thing refuses to die.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-22-19-37-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-22-19-37-56.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 51

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
"Notification on lockscreen" is grayed out on my phone. Which isn't a problem since I don't get Yelp adds on my lockscreen nor in Blinkfeed. But, I'm left wondering if there are any other additional settings in that menu.

No. That is it.

ecksfiftyone

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
While the lock screen stuff can be disabled in blinkfeed settings... you cant remove Yelp from the blinkfeed easily. This is how to kill Yelp, and probably all future ads:
1) Make sure you have the new Sense widget where you can choose - 'Work, Home or Out'. If you don’t have it on any homescreen, then add it. (You can remove it after)
2) Click on the word 'Work, Home or Out' and then click on the three menu dots on the right.
3) Select 'Personalize HTC Sense Home'
4) Untick 'Share My Precise Location' and 'Share My Personal Usage Data'
5) Remove the Sense Home Widget if you’d like.
6) No more Yelp! (This should not affect your location for weather, or maps, or anything else)

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
While the lock screen stuff can be disabled in blinkfeed settings... you cant remove Yelp from the blinkfeed easily. This is how to kill Yelp, and probably all future ads:
1) Make sure you have the new Sense widget where you can choose - 'Work, Home or Out'. If you don’t have it on any homescreen, then add it. (You can remove it after)
2) Click on the word 'Work, Home or Out' and then click on the three menu dots on the right.
3) Select 'Personalize HTC Sense Home'
4) Untick 'Share My Precise Location' and 'Share My Personal Usage Data'
5) Remove the Sense Home Widget if you’d like.
6) No more Yelp! (This should not affect your location for weather, or maps, or anything else)

Did that. I still get Yelp ads in Blinkfeed. Yelp is embedded right into it.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned. I just checked it again and it turned itself on again. I just unchecked it. Hmmmm. I don't have any idea how that happened. I'm guessing it does it when Sense Home updates, so it must have turned those two things back on the last update which was the 22nd of May. The same day I started the thread ironically.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My Sense Home updated during the night. I don't see adds with my setup, but I still went ahead and disabled it. It took me all of 5 seconds to do it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
My Sense Home updated during the night. I don't see adds with my setup, but I still went ahead and disabled it. It took me all of 5 seconds to do it.

I actually like Blinkfeed though. Much more so than Google News and Weather or Flipboard and I am not on Facebook to get their news feed. It takes 5 seconds to disable any feature if you want that to be a solution to anything. This is just a bad road they are heading down here.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually like Blinkfeed though. Much more so than Google News and Weather or Flipboard and I am not on Facebook to get their news feed. It takes 5 seconds to disable any feature if you want that to be a solution to anything. This is just a bad road they are heading down here.
I'm finding HTC too intrusive overall. For this reason I don't use the Sense Home widget and have turned off all notifications from Sense Home. I also don't use HTC Location Services. This keeps Blinkfeed nice and clean, displaying only the apps and services and offered content selected. What content are you using Blinkfeed for? I been wanting to add some news and sports, but am unsure what are the best options.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the new age of technology. See yah!!!

Doesn't mean I have to like it or use it. I am tired of paying out the **** and still having commercials or ads shoved down my throat. If this is the case then I will just go back to a simple dumb phone that makes calls and that I can text with. Nothing more. I can save a bunch of money that way too. For me there is a tipping point where I will no longer put up with ads. I don't need a smart phone that bad. See ya!

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It may be a new age but there are also more choices for consumers than ever before. HTC hasn't been making the right choices.
Like I said, see ya. That is my point exactly. However, don't be surprised to see more and more of this. People spend more time on their phone than they do talking to actual live people. The cell phone and all the technology that comes with it is becoming a boon for advertisers. The revenue that can be generated thru it is going to become more and more tempting for manufacturers and carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34