Can I use my HTC One M9 usb cables and still have the Quick Charge 2.0 benefit?

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
HTC One M9 Quick Charge 2.0

I'm going to be upgrading from an M7 to an M9. I plan on buying two HTC Quick Charge 2.0 wall chargers (which come with a cable, I assume). Also buying a Quick Charge 2.0 (not sure if the HTC car charger or a 3rd party certified, but a Quick Charge 2.0 charger for sure). My question is...

Can I use my HTC One M7 USB cables (I have like 4 of them between home/car/office) and still reap the benefits of the Quick Charge 2.0 car charger and wall charger? Or do I need all new cables as well to get maximum charging speed?

Thanks in advance! You guys are awesome!

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 Quick Charge 2.0

Yes you can use your old cables as long as they are in good shape, and hopefully a thicker good quality cable. They do wear out, get kinks and the ends also wear. Here is the Quallcom Certified Quick Charger I bought from Amazon. It works great, charges really fast, comes with a beefy cable and is cheap. Use this promo code: LUMB8LHS for an additional $5 off. (If it still works...)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4468887

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to be upgrading from an M7 to an M9. I plan on buying two HTC Quick Charge 2.0 wall chargers (which come with a cable, I assume). Also buying a Quick Charge 2.0 (not sure if the HTC car charger or a 3rd party certified, but a Quick Charge 2.0 charger for sure). My question is...

Can I use my HTC One M7 USB cables (I have like 4 of them between home/car/office) and still reap the benefits of the Quick Charge 2.0 car charger and wall charger? Or do I need all new cables as well to get maximum charging speed?

Thanks in advance! You guys are awesome!
I'm pretty sure that the cables will still work. It's likely the plug rather than the cables which is providing the quick charge benefit. Either way, if someone can test and confirm that would be great!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that the cables will still work. It's likely the plug rather than the cables which is providing the quick charge benefit. Either way, if someone can test and confirm that would be great!

This.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

No the regular cables won't work. You either need the cable that came with the M9 or get a cable compatible with Qualcomm 2.0 chargers.

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

So some say yes. Others say no. Excellent. lol

Others are speculating. I've gone through the exercise and am a USB cable hoarder. The regular cable in general causes my M9 to act funny when I use it while charging not too mention the fact that it doesn't change properly or as quickly as it should.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

If you are using a very old USB cable like the very first nokia ones the charging time will be slow, but any USB cable from 2012 and + should be good.
Back when I had an S6 I used a generic USB 2m cable with the quick charger and it was as fast as the stock cable.
Next week I will receive a Keedox Quick Charger for my M9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol