Car Charging

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So when I plug my phone into my car's USB to use Mirrorlink, Bluetooth, and GPS, it over heats in about 5 minutes. My car's USB supplies about 0.5A.

However, if I don't plug it into the car and just charge it at 2A using a battery back up, I can use GPS and Bluetooth all day with no issues. Why does a slow charging USB cause heat issues yet a quicker charging external battery causes no heat issues?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So when I plug my phone into my car's USB to use Mirrorlink, Bluetooth, and GPS, it over heats in about 5 minutes. My car's USB supplies about 0.5A.

However, if I don't plug it into the car and just charge it at 2A using a battery back up, I can use GPS and Bluetooth all day with no issues. Why does a slow charging USB cause heat issues yet a quicker charging external battery causes no heat issues?

Welcome to Android Central!

There could be a short somewhere maybe

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the few days that I've had my new device that it does heat up in certain charging conditions. I feel like I'm always the first to jump to the cable being the issue. I have two virgin new cables and one like new cable so I'll give it a try. I hope this turns out to be true cause heat is the death of these batteries and only having had it for a few days and noticing overheating worries me.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC One M9