without me doing anything, my (new) HTC ONE M9 started requiring me to SPEAK the necessary text (e.g. passwords) instead of presenting the keyboard where one would normally type the text.

Started with VIBER OUT (when I tried to purchase credit) but now it is pervasive - AY text input is expected through voice.

A small window at the bottom of the screen pops-up (with a mic button and the google logo on it) - I can't get rid of it - HELP !!!!!!!
    06-20-2015 12:41 PM
    without me doing anything, my (new) HTC ONE M9 started requiring me to SPEAK the necessary text (e.g. passwords) instead of presenting the keyboard where one would normally type the text.

Started with VIBER OUT (when I tried to purchase credit) but now it is pervasive - AY text input is expected through voice.

A small window at the bottom of the screen pops-up (with a mic button and the google logo on it) - I can't get rid of it - HELP !!!!!!!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try looking in the accessibility menu and see if you have the Vision impaired option turned on.
    06-23-2015 09:04 AM