buy HTC one M9 or galaxy S6??

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I went from the M8 to the S6. I don't know what anybody is talking about with hardware problems on the S6, or lag. I have neither. The S6 is a fantastic phone, and I like the Gold color. On the other hand, I miss the speakers and Sense from the HTC. They're both good phones, that just do things differently. The pictures I've taken with the S6 blow my old M8 out of the water, but I don't take a lot of pictures with my phone. Wireless charging, and the fact that the Samsung wireless charger charges my Nexus 7 tablet is just fantastic. I can get a full 12hrs out of my S6 on a single charge with WiFi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, and GPS on. I think a lot of it has to do with the signal from your carrier, for where you're at.

Tl;Dr, either phone is a good choice and only you can make that choice.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I went from the M8 to the S6. I don't know what anybody is talking about with hardware problems on the S6, or lag. I have neither. The S6 is a fantastic phone, and I like the Gold color. On the other hand, I miss the speakers and Sense from the HTC. They're both good phones, that just do things differently. The pictures I've taken with the S6 blow my old M8 out of the water, but I don't take a lot of pictures with my phone. Wireless charging, and the fact that the Samsung wireless charger charges my Nexus 7 tablet is just fantastic. I can get a full 12hrs out of my S6 on a single charge with WiFi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, and GPS on. I think a lot of it has to do with the signal from your carrier, for where you're at.

Tl;Dr, either phone is a good choice and only you can make that choice.
This here:

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/06/20...the-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-might-be-a-feature/

cat cheerful

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I would personally prefer the S6, not because I'm a Sammy fanboy, but because the S6 did bring some stuff that interests me, like wireless charging and the edged display on the Edge.

However, what I would advice is that you go to your nearest carrier or phone store that has display units of both the S6 and the M9 and have a good 30 minutes or so playtime with them. See which one best fits your usage.

The M9 did have a mediocre camera at launch, but it's cleaned up a bit now and it's actually pretty decent. From my experience, it's not the best camera I've used overall (my tests not only include image quality, but AF speed, camera launch speed and shutter speed, along with features), but if you don't particularly care about image quality and speed, then it should be fine.

You might wanna protect the lens, though. Sapphire cracks even when it is slightly bent.
i particularly care about image quality and speed
thank you :)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My LG G4, I think, has the best overall camera I've ever used. The M9 is slightly better outdoors but the G4 is better indoors and at night.

The S6 is pretty much the G4 with a slightly narrower aperture camera-wise

Posted from my "Jack Of All Trades" LG G4 on the AC Forums app, which still has no material.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the 5.1.1 update before pulling the trigger.

The M9's camera software still isn't perfect and doesn't take full advantage of the sensor.

Posted from my "Jack Of All Trades" LG G4 on the AC Forums app, which still has no material.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The S6 still has the annoying aggressive RAM management.

Until Samsung fixes it, muktitaskers may prefer the M9 and the G4 instead.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues with my M9. Yeah, it gets a little warm with certain types of usage, but all phones do. The camera is a non-issue for me because I don't take a lot of pictures and when I do, they all come out crappy anyways no matter what phone I'm using. Performance is top notch. It's a great phone.

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
How reliable is HTC about updates? When they do push them, do they nerf the phone? I'm jumping in this thread because there's too many people, myself included, who are experiencing problems with Sammy hardware after updates. My S5 might as well have been bricked. The update before this was glitchy, too, but it seemed to ease up. It's so bad that I've had to go break out my Lumia 535. I like Windows Phone and all, but that toddler phone is killing me. I need flagship hardware again so I can go back to what I was doing.

Also, I don't care that the camera on the M9 is supposed not that great. I've seen some ridiculous pictures taken with it, though. Plus, I don't really take that many photos with my cell phone. I'm a freak, probably, lol.

Last edited:

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
How reliable is HTC about updates? When they do push them, do they nerf the phone? I'm jumping in this thread because there's too many people, myself included, who are experiencing problems with Sammy hardware after updates. My S5 might as well have been bricked. The update before this was glitchy, too, but it seemed to ease up. It's so bad that I've had to go break out my Lumia 535. I like Windows Phone and all, but that toddler phone is killing me. I need flagship hardware again so I can go back to what I was doing.

Also, I don't care that the camera on the M9 is supposed not that great. I've seen some ridiculous pictures taken with it, though. Plus, I don't really take that many photos with my cell phone. I'm a freak, probably, lol.

From what I can tell. It all comes back to the software experience. That is where HTC is ahead of every other Android OEM as far as I am concerned. I bought the phone knowing the camera software was beta and the battery life wasn't optimized. However, unlike Samsung I had confidence that my patience would be rewarded. Fast forward and it looks like 5.1 on the S6 is still buggy. Meanwhile 5.1 on the M9 by all accounts is a big improvement in all areas. So in summary the advantage the S6 had in the camera department has lessened since they both launched and the overall experienced has improved greatly on the M9 and the S6 is spinning it's tires trying to figure things out. Advantage M9...

Saratoga Semper

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
As a person who has owned several htc phones ...diamond. Desire.. One S..One m7..One E8 I decided to buy Samsung s6 32gb. I tell you I miss my HTCs especially the e8.surely the s6 does it best in the camera 📷 Department but nothing beats the htc experience (sense) plus s6 battery life is disappointing despite turning off everything that makes it smart. I still go back to my one e8 every other week whenever I miss the sense.. But that's my opinion based on experience others may differ.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
M9 or G4
Surely not S6!!
As long as I love my M9 I am very tempted to swap it with the G4 because of the bigger screen, dunno why HTC is stuck in the past with small screens.
I am just waiting for the price of G4 to drop a 100$

eams1986

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
the Samsung s6 is the best that has come out at this time their design is very nice but not far behind HTC .but I stick with the Samsung s6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463