buy HTC one M9 or galaxy S6??

cat cheerful

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused because I want to buy a phone.
I think the htc one m9, but my friends advised me to buy galaxy s6.
I need a good phone, stable, fast web surfing, long battery life. Using stable and not hot when I use for hours
My friend said, "HTC One M9" prolonged use very hot because it uses chip Snapdragon 810. i do not know about this.
*I should choose HTC M9 or Galaxy S6?
Please help me assess if you have or are using it. thanks!!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The exynos chip in the S6 runs a lot hotter than the snapdragon 810. Based on what you asked for I would get the M9.

Posted via the Android Central App

RobertH1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm very happy with my m9. I noticed it gets hot when mainly using video chatting apps. I can't say I've noticed excessive heat otherwise. The way I dealt with it was to buy a good leather case from Stilgut.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the M9. I still have a perfectly working M7. But my M7 does heat up sometimes. I think a lot of it is the fact the phone case is metal. It dissipates the heat through the case so the case will feel warm at times. You won't feel it as much with a plastic phone.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the M9. I still have a perfectly working M7. But my M7 does heat up sometimes. I think a lot of it is the fact the phone case is metal. It dissipates the heat through the case so the case will feel warm at times. You won't feel it as much with a plastic phone.

You didn't get the infamous purple tint in your M7?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Had the S6 Edge and now the M9. For my use the M9is fantastic. The device flies. Much faster than the S6. Battery life is better on the M9. Camera on the S6 is better.

For what you listed the M9 will fill the bill better. Overall the M9 wins hands down. My brother in law just went thru the same thing. Ended up with the M9 for the exact same reasons as you. Best of luck in your decisions.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd go for the M9 for the Speakers and SD slot alone. Ive never been one for paying 100 more for storage that would cost me 12 bucks for on amazon in SD form.

Glad BlackBerry hasn't ditched the SD slot like a lot of Android makers have.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would've bought an S6 but the deal breaker for me was no SD card slot. SMDH. They blew it on that one. I'm fairly happy with this phone but the camera is sub par for sure. Also, the S6 seems faster when switching between apps. When I open the message app on my M9 for the first time, it is clearly lagging. On the S6, it is instant when you open it.

cat cheerful

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I would've bought an S6 but the deal breaker for me was no SD card slot. SMDH. They blew it on that one. I'm fairly happy with this phone but the camera is sub par for sure. Also, the S6 seems faster when switching between apps. When I open the message app on my M9 for the first time, it is clearly lagging. On the S6, it is instant when you open it.
Thank you! but those mentioned above, they say M9 better, but I do not feel convinced
if you were me, you would choose M9 or S6?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I really like my M9 personally. For the use purposes you listed the M9 sounds like a winner for you as well. I haven't had any real problems with heat. It gets warm definitely, but not too hot to touch. The only time I've heard of the M9 getting really hot is when using GPS (I haven't actually tested GPS on mine yet). Samsung has TW which makes it a problem for me, while Sense is a joy to use. The display and the camera are the only redeeming qualities of the S6, but overall I like the M9 better.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
The chip heat is nonsense. People think you're going to get 2nd or 3rd degree burns. The reality is if you're a Samsung fan, you'd buy the S6 if it had an inferior camera or anything else. The M9 is a primo phone and it does take good pictures and getting better with the updates. No lag on the m9, unlike the s6.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, given the sometimes extreme polarity of opinions, I suggest you try both and see which one works best for YOU.

Sent from Tapatalk on either my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1, it kinda depends

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I would personally prefer the S6, not because I'm a Sammy fanboy, but because the S6 did bring some stuff that interests me, like wireless charging and the edged display on the Edge.

However, what I would advice is that you go to your nearest carrier or phone store that has display units of both the S6 and the M9 and have a good 30 minutes or so playtime with them. See which one best fits your usage.

The M9 did have a mediocre camera at launch, but it's cleaned up a bit now and it's actually pretty decent. From my experience, it's not the best camera I've used overall (my tests not only include image quality, but AF speed, camera launch speed and shutter speed, along with features), but if you don't particularly care about image quality and speed, then it should be fine.

You might wanna protect the lens, though. Sapphire cracks even when it is slightly bent.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, 5.1.1 did not fix the ram management problem on the S6. Battery life is still poorer than the M9. On the other hand, HTC has made good head way with fixes and enhancements. It's update will greatly improve the M9, including the camera. The ability of screen optimization will also be a big plus.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I would personally prefer the S6, not because I'm a Sammy fanboy, but because the S6 did bring some stuff that interests me, like wireless charging and the edged display on the Edge.

However, what I would advice is that you go to your nearest carrier or phone store that has display units of both the S6 and the M9 and have a good 30 minutes or so playtime with them. See which one best fits your usage.

The M9 did have a mediocre camera at launch, but it's cleaned up a bit now and it's actually pretty decent. From my experience, it's not the best camera I've used overall (my tests not only include image quality, but AF speed, camera launch speed and shutter speed, along with features), but if you don't particularly care about image quality and speed, then it should be fine.

You might wanna protect the lens, though. Sapphire cracks even when it is slightly bent.

About the sapphire it looks like it's heat related and only in some units (most of them in the US)
I agree about the camera, it's a very good performer in daylight even better than S6 if you use RAW, but once your are in low light the S6 is miles ahead, so if you are a daily shooter like me the M9 is the best choice, if you are a night shooters then get the S6.
Btw I rather get a Note 4 or G4 than S6, the S6 got lot of hardware problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol