Wrong timestamp on pictures?

Revenge2269

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
On several screenshots that were sent to me from my friend's iPhone, the clock would say something like 7:57pm in the corner. That time matched my time as well.. But when I view details of the image, it would say 9:57. Now the tricky thing is, my friend was in a different time zone earlier that week and would have been 2 hours ahead of me if she were still there, but she was supposedly back in my state at that point. Is something wrong with my phone or did she change the time of her clock to match my own, while in reality she's still two hours ahead and my "details" section knows the truth?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
On several screenshots that were sent to me from my friend's iPhone, the clock would say something like 7:57pm in the corner. That time matched my time as well.. But when I view details of the image, it would say 9:57. Now the tricky thing is, my friend was in a different time zone earlier that week and would have been 2 hours ahead of me if she were still there, but she was supposedly back in my state at that point. Is something wrong with my phone or did she change the time of her clock to match my own, while in reality she's still two hours ahead and my "details" section knows the truth?

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you know if she has her phone set to pull the network time automatically on her phone?