Volume decreases when playing audio with headphones

Ghost Delux

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Mine goes up or down all the way, usually after about 20 mins of cardio or cutting the grass. It's fighting itself on the screen up and down then one over powers the other and jacks the vol all the way up or all the way to zero. No matter what I do. What can I do to fix this. My headphones are the BeatsbyDre wired, tour headphones. I've done ever phone update out there and still have issues.

I have a similar issue with my LG Leon, When i am listening to music or watching youtube on my phone, the volume sometimes just goes all the way up or all the eay down and it wont let me change it because when i try, it keeps changing the volume back. Also, sometimes when it is happening it will randomly open the music in the background and start playing music. It is very annoying and i need it to stop

Jimmy cook

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
OKAY I have and Android phone LG riso think it's 3 from cricket wireless I purchased pair of HEADPHONES 10/15$ PAID BELIEVE TO BE NAME OF HEADPHONES NOT WE'LL KNOWN BRAND BUT I CAN TALK AND LISTEN 🎶 BUT AFTER LISTENING TO MUSIC FOR ABOUT 10/20MINUTES VOLUME JUST RUNS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY THEN GOES UP THEN BACK DOWN WHAT'S THE REASON FOR THAT.

Rajat Gaur

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I am dealing with same issue. I am using skull Candy earphone on One Plus 3. While riding it volume decreases as soon as wind hits the mic button. searched all sound setting on phone, nothing was helpful.

Adrian Raposo

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I am dealing with same issue. I am using skull Candy earphone on One Plus 3. While riding it volume decreases as soon as wind hits the mic button. searched all sound setting on phone, nothing was helpful.

Same here buddy. Using JBL earphones with the OnePlus 3. Volume goes down to 0, as soon as i begin speeding. Haven't found a fix anywhere yet.

ShieldsCW

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
As stated earlier in the thread, this is caused by the microphone input on your headphones. When you are running, or driving fast, or doing anything that generates sound, the extra noise is somehow being interpreted by your headphone mic as "turn volume down."

The solution is to find a way to stop sending sound to your headphone mic (block the mic with tape, for example. I used Krazy Glue in the hole + duck tape), or to stop using headphones with a built in mic.

If you're not sure of your headphones have a built in mic, look for a tiny hole somewhere near the control buttons. That's where the mic is.

LookingGlass

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
As stated earlier in the thread, this is caused by the microphone input on your headphones. When you are running, or driving fast, or doing anything that generates sound, the extra noise is somehow being interpreted by your headphone mic as "turn volume down."

The solution is to find a way to stop sending sound to your headphone mic (block the mic with tape, for example. I used Krazy Glue in the hole + duck tape), or to stop using headphones with a built in mic.

If you're not sure of your headphones have a built in mic, look for a tiny hole somewhere near the control buttons. That's where the mic is.

I would agree on how sound would make it turn down. But this usually happens at night for me, when there is no sound whatsoever besides what is coming from my headphones. The krazy glue and duct tape sound like a good combo.

sammajuro

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue, but with phone's own bundled headphones. I am listening only when I run and it happened to me twice already, out of 15 times without a problem. 20-30 mins after start. At first I thought it may be the button of the phone when shaking, but after I stopped I put the phone on still surface and when I increase the volume to the max, it decreases by itself. I closed all opened application and the music goes from included music app. I found some options like controlling sound when phone is on the pocket, which maybe interfere is the sound levels, I disabled those options, but the problem persists. I tries with disabled dolby, no change. When I remove headphones from the phone and put volume to the max it does not decrease. Put headphones, press volume up button, release it and it decrease to some extend. Sometimes to the 0, sometimes not. It seem like there is some option or application that does that.

Now, about 2 hours after my last run I tried with different headphones and it does not decrease volume. But guess what, I plugged orginal and it does not decrease volume too. So... maybe worst case scenario is this problem to occur only when phone is hot or something. I hope to be wrong, because this would be hardware related problem.

I do not understand why someone from the company that we paid a small fortune for our phones to do not answer these questions. We are just user stating that we have the same problem and do not know how to fix it. I think the tech support from the people who has our money should answer our questions. This is like just going around in a circle. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

YossiD

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue on my Galaxy S5. It first started last year then stopped for 8 months or so, and now it's started again. No hardware or system changes I can think of other than installing and uninstalling some non sound related apps. I'm using el-cheapo headphones with volume/pause controls and a mic. But if the mic is the problem, why was everything working fine for so long, and why has the problem returned? it would be great if someone could figure out what's actually going on.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
They are skullcandys - Not sure of the make & model. There is no volume control on the headphones. Only a button I can press to talk on the phone. I had my suspicions it was the headphones but I thought with this being a decent phone which I paid top dollar for it would be compatible with almost any type of half decent headphones. Cheers for the feedback. I just wondered if anyone else had this issue with headphones other than the ones that were supplied with the phone.

It's not just headphones, the same bug happens with Bluetooth. Some have even reported it on the internal speaker! And its not just your HTC. It also happens on Pixel, Nexus, Samsung and others.

David Talarico

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi

I recently purchased a brand new HTC 1 M9.

The phone works fine apart from when I listen to music with my headphones plugged in. For the first 10-15 minutes there is no problem at all. Then what starts to happen is the volume starts to decrease automatically right down to zero. I can actually see this happening on the screen as it is decreasing. Even though I try to turn it up it is battling with me & wants to turn the volume down. I don't tend to get this problem with the headphones I got with the phone but it seems to happen with some decent headphones I prefer to use.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I did read a post earlier about disabling "fast boot mode" in Settings >> Sounds but I cant even see anything regarding "fast boot mode".

Many Thanks

Same issue with Galaxy s9 and the headphones that came with it. It's not the mic because I cover it and the volume still goes down.

There are also random screen presses and slight static in the headphones. I think electromagnetic interference is the culprit. Probably the headphone cord is acting as an antenna and sending unwanted signals to interest circuitry which is being picked up by the phones USB input and volume switch.

My phone is completely useless when headphone are plugged in!

FoxieG

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I also found the power button doesn't respond promptly now and will go into a safe mood by itself when it does reboot. I have had the same pair of headphones (w/ a mic) and this phone for almost a year now and it just started today. Pretty frustrating.

I'm having the same problem as this guy right here, I'm not sure about the reboot in safe mode thing but as soon as I plug my earbuds, volume starts turning all the way up and down and the power button stops responding, if I couldn't unplug my phones, I would have to take off my battery to turn the phone on again.
My earbud model is a Gazz iFrogz Bolt Plus w/micro (seems the problem is the built in micro since everyone here has one).
I bought them today and this sucks, it's reaally annoying.
Searched for the problems (both audio changing and power button bug) but couldn't find anything revelant except this trend. Seems like we haven't got a fix yet.

But if the problem is the microphone, I'm wondering if there is any way to disable it.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not fluent.

FoxieG

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as this guy right here, I'm not sure about the reboot in safe mode thing but as soon as I plug my earbuds, volume starts turning all the way up and down and the power button stops responding, if I couldn't unplug my phones, I would have to take off my battery to turn the phone on again.
My earbud model is a Gazz iFrogz Bolt Plus w/micro (seems the problem is the built in micro since everyone here has one).
I bought them today and this sucks, it's reaally annoying.
Searched for the problems (both audio changing and power button bug) but couldn't find anything revelant except this trend. Seems like we haven't got a fix yet.

But if the problem is the microphone, I'm wondering if there is any way to disable it.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not fluent.

Actually found a fix!
After searching for a bit I found an app in Play Store wich allows you to disable the built-in microphone.
The app is called "SoundAbout".
Open the app, open " Connectable Devices Settings < Wired Headset Settings" and uncheck "Wired Headset Microphone".
The device will now ignore the built-in micro and the problem should be gone.
It also has a Bluetooth tab.
The program will boot with the phone/open when apps with audio are opened, so don't worry about running it every time you want to listen to something.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually found a fix!
After searching for a bit I found an app in Play Store wich allows you to disable the built-in microphone.
The app is called "SoundAbout".

Hey mate, what version of Android are you running because the Sound Cloud app doesn't seem to work on Oreo. You open it, hit OK to accept the trial version and it crashes.

Does the trial version splash go away after a while or is it always there?

Stevep023

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I have the same issue, but with phone's own bundled headphones. I am listening only when I run and it happened to me twice already, out of 15 times without a problem. 20-30 mins after start. At first I thought it may be the button of the phone when shaking, but after I stopped I put the phone on still surface and when I increase the volume to the max, it decreases by itself. I closed all opened application and the music goes from included music app. I found some options like controlling sound when phone is on the pocket, which maybe interfere is the sound levels, I disabled those options, but the problem persists. I tries with disabled dolby, no change. When I remove headphones from the phone and put volume to the max it does not decrease. Put headphones, press volume up button, release it and it decrease to some extend. Sometimes to the 0, sometimes not. It seem like there is some option or application that does that.

Now, about 2 hours after my last run I tried with different headphones and it does not decrease volume. But guess what, I plugged orginal and it does not decrease volume too. So... maybe worst case scenario is this problem to occur only when phone is hot or something. I hope to be wrong, because this would be hardware related problem.

I have same exact issue. Nice job on the description. Somebody above said there was an app called soundabout that allows you to disable the mic. This only seems to happen during cardio and I sweat through dry fit clothing inadvertantly getting the mic wet....i guess? Going to try that. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2