I recently purchased the M9 out of sheer love for my M7. The M9 so far hasn't impressed me with much but it also is not nearly as bad as some say. To advise others not to purchase it and instead by the M8 is sheer ludicrous at least in my opinion. I hear the Camera was worst than on my M7. But owning the phone now for a month I can say I am pleased with the Camera...Am I the only one?
    Jaime Dimalanta and Qaid_Ali like this.
    07-17-2015 09:11 AM
    No, i have had my M9 for almost a month an i am very pleased with the camera.

Even low light is better than my old Note 3.
    07-17-2015 09:31 AM
    I recently purchased the M9 out of sheer love for my M7. The M9 so far hasn't impressed me with much but it also is not nearly as bad as some say. To advise others not to purchase it and instead by the M8 is sheer ludicrous at least in my opinion. I hear the Camera was worst than on my M7. But owning the phone now for a month I can say I am pleased with the Camera...Am I the only one?
    I have an M7 and am planning on upgrading to the M9 soon. Is it a move you recommend? (Like you, i love my M7)
    07-17-2015 10:11 AM
    The M7 in my mind is still the best phone I ever owned. I disliked the M8 because the it ruined the way the M7 fit perfectly in my hand. I can tell you right now the M9 is really the upgrade the M7 should of had last year. It is more of a upgrade to the M7 rather than the M8 which is pretty odd.

Now with that being said are there better options than the m9 out there? Of course the S6 Is amazing and future proof. The G4 is even a powerhouse with a amazing camera as well. But If your like me and just genuinely like HTC and wanted familiarity then you cannot go wrong with the m9.

Coming from the M7 it is truly an upgrade in every way but maintains that special feel and you wont regret getting the m9...
    jljecj and Qaid_Ali like this.
    07-17-2015 10:46 AM
    I really like my m9. A lot of people seem to jump onto the bandwagon in being critical, but non of it is based on fact in my opinion. M9 is the best smartphone I've ever had so far so take no notice of all the naysayers.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    boogas8 likes this.
    07-17-2015 11:17 AM
    I came to the M9 from the G3, and I'm fine with it. I miss multiwindow sometimes, and the camera was a little easier to use, but I like sense a lot, I think the M9 screen is better outdoors, and sound is a lot better too. M9 is a great all around package with a camera that requires a little patience, but even the camera is much better than a lot of people would have you believe.
    boogas8 likes this.
    07-18-2015 01:03 PM
    I too love the m9 and I have a m8 The camera not bad at all to me. I'm not really a camera person

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    VerizonDroidMotoX likes this.
    07-18-2015 01:17 PM
    I don't hate the M9 camera but I expected more. Overall it was an ok camera. I didn't think they would be the worse, if they hadn't gone with the Toshiba sensor and somehow found a way to get OIS in there, it would have been great.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier
    VerizonDroidMotoX likes this.
    07-18-2015 07:02 PM
    The camera is okay but it does keep getting better, which is good.
    07-18-2015 07:19 PM
    I'm very pleased with the still camera in certain situations. Well lit photos (indoor and outdoor) are impressive. I'm still having a little trouble in lower light situations, but I'm learning how to get better shots.
    07-19-2015 06:55 AM
    Admittedly the camera performs the "worse" in low light. But funny thing is I really believe the issue is more image processing. I have worked miracles with a .RAW file taken from a M9 in a low light photo. Just Image processing seems a little wonky in low light. But good news is if it a software issue is can be addressed in a software update.
    idon12no likes this.
    07-21-2015 11:55 AM
    Would anybody dare say the M8 camera is better/outperforms the M9? I would like a perspective on somebody who used both phones. I actually used both them back to back in a head on challenge over the weekend...and my results were rather startling. I just want to see before I elaborate and possible post pictures if anybody has any input
    07-21-2015 12:00 PM
    Would anybody dare say the M8 camera is better/outperforms the M9? I would like a perspective on somebody who used both phones. I actually used both them back to back in a head on challenge over the weekend...and my results were rather startling. I just want to see before I elaborate and possible post pictures if anybody has any input
    I didn't have my M8 for very long, but it took ok, but not great day shots. But I think it might have performed better in lowlight. I think the M9 does take better well lit shots just for the fact that you can crop and zoom more without losing detail. I will say I really miss the duo camera set up. I loved being able to adjust focal points after the photo was taken.
    07-21-2015 02:45 PM
    Admittedly the camera performs the "worse" in low light. But funny thing is I really believe the issue is more image processing. I have worked miracles with a .RAW file taken from a M9 in a low light photo. Just Image processing seems a little wonky in low light. But good news is if it a software issue is can be addressed in a software update.
    I think the image processing is a little wonky for low light shots. Even without using RAW, there's a few apps that clean up low light pictures taken in auto mode and make them look really good, so I've never worried about the initial outcome of a low light pic.
    07-21-2015 03:04 PM
    I love my M9 photos!
    idon12no likes this.
    07-24-2015 02:49 AM