So, I see that there are a handful of us having the issue with the update not loading (aborting). Anyone have any new info or a fix? Not rooted, never modified anything, pretty generic user, can't understand why this happens.
    07-18-2015 11:54 PM
    Yes. After many hours and headaches, I was able to update it. I did a factory reset, and I did a Google check with the help of HTC Online chat support. I would recommend trying online chat support for resetting the Google check in before doing a factory reset, as I'm now dealing with how to get my photos back into my gallery from Google photos, where they are backed up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-19-2015 01:27 AM
    Just tried my third OTA update without success. I was avoiding the manual update because I didn't want to have it wipe my phone, but if a factory reset is the only other option to get the OTA to work, I might as well go manual.
    07-19-2015 10:43 AM
    Go to HTC Online chat support. See if they can walk you through a Google check in. If that helps, you won't have to do the factory reset or manual update.

07-19-2015 12:42 PM
    Go to HTC Online chat support. See if they can walk you through a Google check in. If that helps, you won't have to do the factory reset or manual update.

What is a "Google check in"? I just tried searching Google for that, and didn't find anything useful. Can you please provide some more info?
    07-27-2015 01:39 PM
    I don't really know what it is. The person I spoke to told me to dial a number that consisted of asterisks and pound signs in front of several random numbers. As soon as I dialed, it said the check in was complete. That was it. Like I said, you would have to ask HTC support.

07-28-2015 07:36 PM
    What is a "Google check in"? I just tried searching Google for that, and didn't find anything useful. Can you please provide some more info?
    Here is what "Danielle" told me in HTC Chat support:
    "We'll try to get the update to pull through by doing what's called a Google Checkin. This essentially resets your device's connection to the Google and update servers. To do this, open your dial pad as though you were going to make a phone call, then enter *#*#2432546#*#*. After this you should see a "Google Checkin Complete" in your notification bar at the top."
    07-28-2015 07:41 PM