HTC One M9 - problem with GPS Offline. Could it be a hardware problem?

A

AC Question

HTC One M9 - problem with GPS Offline

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a lot of issues with my brand new phone using offline navigation.
It simply doesn't find any GPS signal. I tried 2 different apps for offline nav: Navmii and Here.

Using google maps under 4g signal it works but when I change country I use one of the 2 apps mentioned above (so that I don't pay roaming) and simply it doesn't find any satellite to connect.

Do you think it's an hardware problem?

I've also tried the application "GPS Test" and it's always on "NO FIX" status.
Usually my zone has a very good signal and I never had a problem with other GPS nav or smartphones, during 3 hours travel last week on an autoroute in north italy I never had signal.

Wojtek Kasinski

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 - problem with GPS Offline

Hi AC Question,

I'm experiencing a similar problem however when I lost GPS signal, I also lose cell connectivity to the mobile network and cannot restore both without a restart of the phone. Are you also losing cell connectivity when you lose GPS connection?

I too am suspecting a hardware issue, however the problem is that it is not reproduceable as is intermittent in its behaviour and happens without warning.

KarranGrants

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi AC
My problem is similar, M9 on EE since update to 5.1 and Sense 7, I lose GPS signal as soon as the Dot Case is closed or the display times out. Tried all the usual inc hard reset, but no joy. Anyone found a fix?
Thanks

k-risc

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with my HTC One M9.

I used MapMyRide on my HTC One M7 without any problem. After I got my HTC One M9 and used MapMyRide with that phone the GPS tracking always switches off when I switch off the screen. Tried Strava and runtastic road bike as well without success. Also tried to let "GPS Status" run in the foreground when switching off the screen, but that didn't help either.

It happened both when I had a leather slip case for the phone, and later, after I bought the Dot View Case.

I did a factory reset, which didn't help either.

Are there any news on this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech