5.1 Update on T-Mobile HTC M9 renders T-Mobile Car Charger incompatible

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is odd... do any other chargers fail as well? Does it give you any error? A charger is, well, a charger! Unless it does any sort of data connection with the phone, it should still work!

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
That is odd... do any other chargers fail as well? Does it give you any error? A charger is, well, a charger! Unless it does any sort of data connection with the phone, it should still work!
Only have another T-Mobile wall charger that seems fine, here is the error:
uploadfromtaptalk1438798705826.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use that charger in other phones/devices, does it work? Or try booting your phone into safe mode (just to make sure that another app isn't interfering).

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use that charger in other phones/devices, does it work? Or try booting your phone into safe mode (just to make sure that another app isn't interfering).
Works in my wife's m9, (same as mine) where she hasn't updated yet, so it's definitely something in the update. I'll try safe mode...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its possible that they have made an adjustment to the incoming voltage and this unit might be just out of spec now.
Reminds me of Apple and them being crazy protective of what chargers and data cables can be plugged into their phones.
Unfortunately theres just not enough info to test out why.. Using it with other devices. It will be interesting to see if your wifes unit does this after the update.
I would for sure go to TMO and ask for a different charger as well as follow up with HTC directly and ask them why the TMO charger quit working AFTER their software update.

Looks like your not alone.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...rs-t-mobile-car-charger-incompatible-why.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara