What's new with update?

Dachillefx

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Where is the temp thing. I have noticed nothing with this update new and I've been waiting ever since t mobile got there's since we Verizon riders was to get at same time

Posted via the Android Central App

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When you put the phone on silent, you can set how long it stays on silent for.
939c26fa11f8fd47710ff57b1881917c.jpg

thebabilonias

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
With this update did it improve the camera software and is the stage fright patch on this one? I thought it was going to be 5.1.1 instead of 5.1?

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Camera is fixed and the Stagefright did come through... Not sure I notice a big difference with camera though. My device doesn't run as hot too.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
As a reminder, the HTC One M9 Android 5.1 Lollipop update adds some new UI enhancements to HTC Sense, is said to once again improve the camera, better battery life, tweak the do-not-disturb settings. It will introduce a temperature setting for the display colors (warm or cold), not to mention improve battery life, fix the Android 5.0 memory leak, and solve a*few other bugs*that have been plaguing users.*

5.1 Lollipop update will also include a fix to the problematic Stagefright issue, along with enabled roaming capabilities for the 4G LTE bands 3 and 7.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If it did anything to the camera, it wasn't much. Tried to take some low light level photos tonight... Even used different settings and they were horrible. Shots that my M8 wouldn't of had any problem with.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
If it did anything to the camera, it wasn't much. Tried to take some low light level photos tonight... Even used different settings and they were horrible. Shots that my M8 wouldn't of had any problem with.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is claiming low light pics are much improved. They can't be. The aperture is what it is and OIS didn't magically appear. The exposure and focus issues were addressed in the day and evening especially with HDR but poor lighting inside and outside of a house is still an issue. The M9 is way better than the M8 on every shot that isn't in poor lighting though. The video quality is way better as well. The EIS has been greatly improved since April. All in all, in the past I've never really cared about the camera but my next phone has to knock it out the park and the M9 still isn't there yet and never will be unfortunately. It is just ok for now.

kemetblk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed it runs cooler and has better battery life. However, it also seems to connect to my router at a much lower speed. I used to connect at between 380 - 433 megabits per second. After the update I'm getting 117 - 175 megabits per second. As I transfer a lot of data over Wi-Fi this is a horrible setback.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed it runs cooler and has better battery life. However, it also seems to connect to my router at a much lower speed. I used to connect at between 380 - 433 megabits per second. After the update I'm getting 117 - 175 megabits per second. As I transfer a lot of data over Wi-Fi this is a horrible setback.

I've actually noticed the exact opposite. Also my cell signal is way stronger than before. As far as battery life, I've only had the update since Friday and although it has improved, the results have been mixed so far. I am going to give it a couple more days to settle before I give a final verdict.

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The cell reception at work is horrible. I've not had a chance to check it since I got the update late Friday. This will be the first thing I check in the morning. Ill be super stoked if the reception is better.

Runell A

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So does this mean, we can now use the camera at "default" auto mode? It are we still resorting to the "modified" saved settings?

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had not noticed this feature, thanks! It can be activated with the volume DOWN button.

Google eliminated the sound profile icon in 5.1, which I miss. I have always had both the WiFi and Sound (speaker icon that toggles: normal/vibrate/off) icons on my home screen (for the past 5 years with HTC phones) and found it convenient because you could toggle them easily with one hand. This is clunkier, but the timer is a nice addition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez