Ok can you guys post some things that are new with this Verizon update?
    08-21-2015 03:48 PM
    Only thing I noticed so far is the screen temperature thing.
    08-21-2015 04:33 PM
    Where is the temp thing. I have noticed nothing with this update new and I've been waiting ever since t mobile got there's since we Verizon riders was to get at same time

Posted via the Android Central App
    coach5150 likes this.
    08-21-2015 05:18 PM
    I've not noticed anything. Yet.

08-21-2015 06:27 PM
    When you put the phone on silent, you can set how long it stays on silent for.
    08-21-2015 07:07 PM
    Awesome thanks!
    08-21-2015 07:26 PM
    When you put the phone on silent, you can set how long it stays on silent for.
    08-21-2015 09:18 PM
    With this update did it improve the camera software and is the stage fright patch on this one? I thought it was going to be 5.1.1 instead of 5.1?

08-22-2015 10:32 AM
    Camera is fixed and the Stagefright did come through... Not sure I notice a big difference with camera though. My device doesn't run as hot too.
    thebabilonias likes this.
    08-22-2015 11:23 AM
    With this update did it improve the camera software and is the stage fright patch on this one? I thought it was going to be 5.1.1 instead of 5.1?

HTC is skipping 5.1.1. They're gonna go from 5.1 to 6.
    thebabilonias likes this.
    08-22-2015 12:48 PM
    They also removed the individual settings under the power saver option

Diddy236 and thebabilonias like this.
    08-22-2015 02:18 PM
    I noticed that we suppose to have a native battery saver. Where is it?

08-22-2015 07:29 PM
    As a reminder, the HTC One M9 Android 5.1 Lollipop update adds some new UI enhancements to HTC Sense, is said to once again improve the camera, better battery life, tweak the do-not-disturb settings. It will introduce a temperature setting for the display colors (warm or cold), not to mention improve battery life, fix the Android 5.0 memory leak, and solve a*few other bugs*that have been plaguing users.*

5.1 Lollipop update will also include a fix to the problematic Stagefright issue, along with enabled roaming capabilities for the 4G LTE bands 3 and 7.
    Lefank likes this.
    08-22-2015 07:30 PM
    If it did anything to the camera, it wasn't much. Tried to take some low light level photos tonight... Even used different settings and they were horrible. Shots that my M8 wouldn't of had any problem with.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 09:48 PM
    If it did anything to the camera, it wasn't much. Tried to take some low light level photos tonight... Even used different settings and they were horrible. Shots that my M8 wouldn't of had any problem with.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone is claiming low light pics are much improved. They can't be. The aperture is what it is and OIS didn't magically appear. The exposure and focus issues were addressed in the day and evening especially with HDR but poor lighting inside and outside of a house is still an issue. The M9 is way better than the M8 on every shot that isn't in poor lighting though. The video quality is way better as well. The EIS has been greatly improved since April. All in all, in the past I've never really cared about the camera but my next phone has to knock it out the park and the M9 still isn't there yet and never will be unfortunately. It is just ok for now.

daniel-k likes this.
    08-22-2015 10:48 PM
    I have noticed it runs cooler and has better battery life. However, it also seems to connect to my router at a much lower speed. I used to connect at between 380 - 433 megabits per second. After the update I'm getting 117 - 175 megabits per second. As I transfer a lot of data over Wi-Fi this is a horrible setback.
    08-23-2015 12:29 AM
    I have noticed it runs cooler and has better battery life. However, it also seems to connect to my router at a much lower speed. I used to connect at between 380 - 433 megabits per second. After the update I'm getting 117 - 175 megabits per second. As I transfer a lot of data over Wi-Fi this is a horrible setback.
    I've actually noticed the exact opposite. Also my cell signal is way stronger than before. As far as battery life, I've only had the update since Friday and although it has improved, the results have been mixed so far. I am going to give it a couple more days to settle before I give a final verdict.

08-23-2015 05:28 AM
    The cell reception at work is horrible. I've not had a chance to check it since I got the update late Friday. This will be the first thing I check in the morning. Ill be super stoked if the reception is better.

08-23-2015 12:06 PM
    So does this mean, we can now use the camera at "default" auto mode? It are we still resorting to the "modified" saved settings?

08-23-2015 02:40 PM
    I had not noticed this feature, thanks! It can be activated with the volume DOWN button.

Google eliminated the sound profile icon in 5.1, which I miss. I have always had both the WiFi and Sound (speaker icon that toggles: normal/vibrate/off) icons on my home screen (for the past 5 years with HTC phones) and found it convenient because you could toggle them easily with one hand. This is clunkier, but the timer is a nice addition.
    08-29-2015 07:51 PM
    Just updated 3 days ago and have not noticed any changes except the following:
    1. To reach Quick Settings, you now swipe down with two fingers. Using one finger swipe goes to Notifications and an icon for Quick Settings that has the gear icon for Settings. Undecided if this is providing convenience or just becoming more Microsofty.
    2. The sound profile icon was removed by 5.1, so I have a nice blank space on my home screen waiting to be populated. See the post by SYMAWD about the new timer feature that pops up when you hold volume DOWN button.
    3. The night it updated, I had it plugged in next to the bed and my screen stayed lit all night. If I turned it OFF, it came right back on again. Rebooting was no help. This may be a charger defect that happened coincidently exactly when the 5.1 update occurred, but that seems odd. Two other HTC chargers (1.0A and 1.5A) do not produce this and the suspect charger (1.0A) is from an older HTC phone.
    4. I had a rapid battery drain during use a day after the update, but is seems to be normal now. That may have had something to do with the charging issue mentioned above.

I have not tried yet, but assume that is will not fix the VZW reprovisioning problem with this, and prior HTC phones. If you have not experienced this, it happens when you travel and install a foreign SIM card. The foreign SIM works fine but, when you come home, your VZW SIM is not recognized and the ONLY solution - per VZW - is to get a NEW VZW SIM card installed. Apple phones reprovision automatically on VZW, but not Androids - at least not the M9 or my earlier HTC DNA.

Otherwise, this continues to be another great HTC phone and I have had zero problems with it.
    08-29-2015 08:09 PM
    This update made my battery worse and it takes forever to charge my phone now. Also, why the heck did they get rid of the sound widget.. No reason to get rid of working features.
    08-30-2015 11:43 AM