Is anyone's battery after 5.1 (Verizon) update taking longer to charge?

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone's battery after 5.1 (Verizon) update...

taking a lot longer to charge? I plug it in at bedtime and still not fully charged in the am when I awake (9 hours). This wasn't happening before the update! Is anyone else having this issue, or any fixes? Thanks!

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is anyone's battery after 5.1 (Verizon) update...

I think what it's actually doing now is charging to 100% then no longer keeping it at 100%. It seems that it gets to 100% then if it stays plugged in, it acts like it's no longer plugged in.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that was happening to me. I switched to my old Touch Pad charger which is 2 amps, and that issue went away.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Nope. I plugged mine in dead and the estimated charge time was 50 minutes. Battery life has improved since the update.

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

Nope. I plugged mine in dead and the estimated charge time was 50 minutes. Battery life has improved since the update.

Not really concerned about actual battery life, just the charging cycle. For me also , it was about 50 minutes to an hour and half of so before update. Interesting though, what other 2 posters replied with.. Hmmm!

Posted via the Android Central App

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

My charging time seems the same. I don't like leaving it on the charger all night. I usually charge first thing in the AM. About 90 minutes if it is down to 25% to 35%. Battery life also seems better but only slightly so. It definitely runs cooler. That is the biggest difference that I've noticed.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I haven't noticed any difference in charging time. I have noticed better battery life though, especially in the AM when my works exchange email kicks on to push. When it would first kick on before the update, I would lose 10% battery in roughly 30 minutes and would settle down until it hit 75%. Now it has no noticable affect. So needless to say I'm happy with the improvement.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

My T-Mobile m9 seems to take longer to charge (depending on charger) but does last slightly longer. My problem is when it doesn't seem to be charging. I left it on the charger at work while I was busy for about an hour and a half. It should have stayed at 100% but it was down to 82% when it was at 88 or so when I plugged it in. I work 12hr shifts and like to keep it charged.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

After recently have problems with my M9 getting stuck in and out of host mode, I cleaned out the USB port real good and not only did it fix the problem, it improved my charge time. Looking into the port, it looked clean, but when I scraped the bottom of it with a pin, there was lots of lint packed in there. Getting in between the terminal on the top side near the screen was difficult, so I used a plastick tooth pick for that part.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

When I first updated my unlocked M9 for about a week or 2 it would randomly take a long time to charge. Eventually it fixed itself somehow.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

So I happened to have the original charger with me (been using the charger that came with my old Lumia 925, longer cord). I plugged it in and 20 minutes later I went from 73 to 97%.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

So I happened to have the original charger with me (been using the charger that came with my old Lumia 925, longer cord). I plugged it in and 20 minutes later I went from 73 to 97%.

Don't use a charger that didn't come with the phone or isn't a quick charge 2.0 compatible. Your battery will degrade faster over time, it won't charge as well and won't hold a charge as well.

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Don't use a charger that didn't come with the phone or isn't a quick charge 2.0 compatible. Your battery will degrade faster over time, it won't charge as well and won't hold a charge as well.

I have never heard this before... Source? Why would the phone care about what device is providing the charge as long as the device is getting the right amount of power...

My m9 is also slower to charge after the update.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have never heard this before... Source? Why would the phone care about what device is providing the charge as long as the device is getting the right amount of power...

My m9 is also slower to charge after the update.

I've had the phone long enough now and have a bunch of random chargers from old phones to know this. That's my source. This site is my source as many people have said the same thing. I am not going to get into the technical reasons around mAh but that is part of it as well.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

The M9 comes with a charger that is 1.5A, while the other older chargers are typically 1.0A.

strigois

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

I posted this in another thread. This is what my battery history looks like overnight. This happens during the day too. It's as if it thinks the battery is completely dead for hours. This happens with the charger that it came with, and every other charger I've tried with it. I've also used different outlets. I have not tried a quick charge charger, they're kind of expensive.

Screenshot_2015-08-28-05-57-43.jpg

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Okay the last two nights my phone my phone hasn't charged and actually lost battery. I noticed in the screen shot above and on my phone that it is staying awake while on the charger. Wonder if it has anything thing to do with a rogue Verizon app.

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same issue. Last night it did not charge completed over 8 hours and this morning it was losing batter on the charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze