HTC M9 Will not power on.

MrRoarke

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, just got the m9 a couple months ago. This morning i had it in my pocket (Screen side against my leg) and i bumped into a counter and left a tiny dent on the back of the phone and it will not start up since.

Hard to believe a little dent would cause that.. Any ideas?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pushing and holding the power, volume up, and volume down button all at the same time for at least two minutes?

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I corrected. I meant all three buttons. If that didn't work then it sounds like hardware. Yeah, kinda hard to believe such a small impact would bork it. I smashed the back of my Nexus 4 so bad, glass back, I was stunned that it ran without issues. You may have jolted something loose. Does it do anything when you connect it to a charger?

MrRoarke

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I corrected. I meant all three buttons. If that didn't work then it sounds like hardware. Yeah, kinda hard to believe such a small impact would bork it. I smashed the back of my Nexus 4 so bad, glass back, I was stunned that it ran without issues. You may have jolted something loose. Does it do anything when you connect it to a charger?
Yeah I've tried both holding all three and volume up & Power button. Ive fixed many phones and computers before so i opened up my M9 and couldn't see anything loose or broken in there, So I'm kind of stumped. This will be my last HTC if they break so easily. I came over from an S4 two months ago and that thing was a trooper till one day it stopped working lol.