Battery Stops Charging at Night

strigois

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Here is a screen shot what what is happening. I plug it in when I got to bed. I've tried different chargers, different cords, different outlets, and a factory reset (which sucks by the way). It doesn't happen every night, but I'd say more than 50% of the time.

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot_2015-08-28-05-57-43.jpg

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Could be intentional, or could be a bug. I'm not sure.

I'm on Verizon and it started happening immediately after the last update.

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Glad you posted this, this is what I meant in my previous topic "battery after 5.1 (Verizon) update taking longer to charge" For me, it started after the update!

strigois

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I contacted HTC support and they were no help. They had me turn off my phone, plug it in to charge, press and hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until it turned on. This is where their instructions and my experience differ. They said I should have gotten an option to "fastboot", I did not. I had 4 options, none titled "fastboot". I did have a restart option, which they told me to use and then asked me if it was charging. I said it was, they said it was fixed. After this weekend I can say for certain that it is not fixed.

Any help from anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

steeeeeevo

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Here is a screen shot what what is happening. I plug it in when I got to bed. I've tried different chargers, different cords, different outlets, and a factory reset (which sucks by the way). It doesn't happen every night, but I'd say more than 50% of the time.

Thank you for your help.

View attachment 193678

Have you found a solution to this?
I'm experiencing the same problem too!

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Could be that the phone is overheating as it's charging due to a rogue app running in the background. Install gsam battery monitor. There is a graph that shoes you the state of the battery and the temperature.

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Could be that the phone is overheating as it's charging due to a rogue app running in the background. Install gsam battery monitor. There is a graph that shoes you the state of the battery and the temperature.

This is not the issue. I have Gsam installed. The battery is at normal temperature during charging, and battery life / utilization is otherwise fine. The pattern, perfectly repeatable, is this:

1. Plug into charger.
2. Phone charges normally to 100%.
3. Wait about 1.5 hours while phone stays at or near 100% charge.
4. Phone starts to discharge as if it wasn't plugged in at all, while all indicators show AC plugged in.
5. Removing the charging cable and then immediately plugging back in gets you back to #1 above.

I wake up every morning with my battery between 65% and 90%, depending on what time of night the charge reached 100%. Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX