HTC One M9 simultaneous GPS and cell connectivity lost and unable to restore, what should I do?

Wojtek Kasinski

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M9 simultaneous GPS and cell connectivity lost and unable to restore

Hello.
I purchased a new HTC One M9 from Telstra (Australia) in July and ever since I got the phone I have been experiencing an intermittent problem where the GPS and the cell connectivity will both shut down and not connect to the cell towers and GPS location. There is an X above the cell signal and the GPS location indicator flashes and shows no connection. This happens every few days of use and the only way to restore connectivity is to restart the phone.

I have the firmware up-to-date OTA and I have even tried a factory reset.

This problem is not isolated to any one app and has occurred when using Sygic navigation as well as Run.GPS fitness tracker.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can shed any light on how to fix this?

I am suspecting this could be a hardware issue! The issue is that it is an intermittent problem and not instantly reproduceable. The problem just happens and without any warning!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 simultaneous GPS and cell connectivity lost and unable to restore

Welcome to Android Central! I agree, it sounds like a hardware issue. Bring the phone to Telstra and show them the issue--see if they can give you a replacement. If they can't, then contact HTC for warranty repair.

Wojtek Kasinski

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 simultaneous GPS and cell connectivity lost and unable to restore

Welcome to Android Central! I agree, it sounds like a hardware issue. Bring the phone to Telstra and show them the issue--see if they can give you a replacement. If they can't, then contact HTC for warranty repair.

Thank you B. Diddy for your feedback.

I have taken the phone into a Telstra shop and they have lodged it in for repair. They told me that they are requesting this be proceeds as a "Forward Ship" whatever that means?!

Wojtek Kasinski

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I took the phone into a Telstra store on Sunday. They lodged a resolution request and sent my phone away to get assessed. I received a phone call on friday that they had sent back a brand new phone for me as a a replacement, no questions asked!
Thank you Telstra!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc